Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My playlist is not coming up when searched by name

My playlist is not coming up when searched by name

I created a new playlist in our profile and when I search for it by the exact title it doesn't show up.  I also tried searching for it with the first word only and it still does not come up.  The playlist is called HardDrive Underground under our profile for HardDrive Radio.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5RgYa4Bvi8by9NKs9BKLck?si=Vy9-tWN2Rdyb5YA6HIZSfA

8 Replies

Hey there @HardDriveRadio!

Thanks for bringing this up with us.

Search results in Spotify are based on a mix of factors including popularity and date of creation, so it takes newer playlists a bit longer to show up in searches.

The results also vary from user to user based on personal listening preferences. For example I was able to find your list by searching for it by name.

Usually the more streams and follows one playlists has, the bigger changes it has of showing up in search, but that's not all that's taken into consideration.

The algorithm could also consider the musical taste of a user when showing the search results.

We hope this info helps. Let us know if you have any other questions 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having the same issue. Have you been able to fix this?

I have a playlist called undeservedly underrated and am having the same issue. Could it be because Ive only had the playlist since 14th April?

When I look my account name nothing shows up and the same thing with my playlist I can’t find it on my ps4 (it’s a different account because someone stole my ps4 with my OG Spotify account ) what do I do I need my playlist 

Hey there @Ineedhelp101,

Welcome to the Community!

If someone else has access to your profile, they could have changed the display name of your account or deleted your playlists.

In this situation it'd be best if you have a look at this article, which has some helpful info when your account has been compromised.

You can try the steps in the article to get your account back or as a last resort you can contact our support team, who'll do their best to help out.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Maybe change the name of the playlist so it 'stands out'.

Hey there!

Let's put this in simple words.

The problem is: Your playlist is not coming up even when you search it up.

My solution is: A lot of people have similar or the same name as your playlist. Like Elena  said, the Spotify algorithm bases playlists that are viewable by search, by popularity, date of creation, etc etc. 

Thanks! Let me know if you have any more questions.

Hi. You need to turn it into a public play list in order for it to be search by name. Also, why did you inbed your playlist into your post?

Suggested posts