Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My profile or public playlists do not appear in the search?

My profile or public playlists do not appear in the search?

Hi,
We're currently trying to share our playlists to the public and are finding it very difficult to find our profile from another account. Searching for our account name (PYMCA) produces no results despite having a completely public profile and playlists. Is there a way to make us searchable?
Thanks,

Jamie

10 Replies

Hey!

I looks like you have two different accounts. Have you tried to login with different email addresses? 

If you need further help you can contact us here !

I'm getting the same problem with this account "Outerhope" which is linked to my FB acccount "Strangely Paired". Tried searching for both and it's not appearing as a profile under search.

Same thing for my other account "Number Line".

Does the search ultimately use the profile name i registered in Spotify or the FB name once I've connected to that service?

In any case, I'm trying both profile account names from both Spotify and the linked FB but neither are appearing under search as a profile.

Hope to get some assistance.

Cheers!

Mike

Screen Shot 2014-04-08 at 4.59.32 PM.png

You can search on a spotify username using spotify:user:<username> as in spotify:user:outerhope. To search for a facebook real name, just type that in the search bar but it will only produce a result if that facebook account is in your facebook friends' list.

If you are an artist, this page may be of interest to you.

Hi Macarena,

We've still not found a solution to this problem. When emailing support we're presented with an automated email suggesting we use the forum. We'd love to get this sorted so we're searchable to anyone publically.  Same with the apparent duplicate account issues you mentioned.

PYMCA

I somehow can't post any public playlists, tried everything i could think of....:-(

Same problem here. I don't understand why we can't have a simple answer.

I've never been able to get a straight answer from Spotify either, it appears not all playlists are indexed for the search results for whatever reason.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes this is a poor service and you can't share music easy on Spotify

Same problem here.

Friends trying to find my playlists and dont exist for then.

How Spotify don´t have an answer? I pay for that service.

Same problem and it's completely ridiculous. It's frustrating enough to make me wanna just ditch Spotify because we try to share music with people and no one can find us. Makes zero sense to me that they haven't created a solution for this.

Suggested posts