Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My spotify doesnt work - bug?

My spotify doesnt work - bug?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

Asus notebook

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi. Since yesterday, I'm having troubleshooting problems when opening my spotify on app and on webplayer. In my phone it works well.

It shows a bug that says "Something went wrong""try reloading the page". I reload and it shows exactly the same mistake.

spotifybug.PNG
17 Replies

Hey @magspeixoto,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual one.

It's also a good idea to try these steps and check the hosts file.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hii!
I did all of that, deleted all spotify files, shut down and tried to reinstall. I still have that bug. And the same happens on the webplayer too.
Maybe it's my account that has problems. But the thing is, I can access in my spotify app, on my phone.

Hey @magspeixoto,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

It's a good idea to clear the cache and cookies of your browser. We'd suggest you also try with another browser to check if anything changes.

In case you're using the app from our website, you can try downloading it from Microsoft store to see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator

Hey !
I tried also that, deleted my cookies and cache. Tried with microsoft edge, avast secure browser, and it still has the same bug. I tried also to download the app from microsoft store, and the problem persists. I'm out of ideas already...

This all happened when I tried to post a podcast through anchor. It could be related to that?

Hey @magspeixoto,

Thanks for the info 🙂

Does the issue occur on your personal computer or a work computer? 

In case you're using a VPN, we'd suggest you turn it off to check if anything changes.

It's also a good idea to make sure that the firewall isn't blocking Spotify.

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator

Hiii !
It occurs in my personal laptop. I'll try to checking that. Thank you! I'll let you know later.

Hii. I've tried also that and nothing changes.

Hi there @magspeixoto,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Also, can you try with a different internet connection to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I,ve done all the steps you asked for, it didnt worked. I made another account. Now, it happens something weird. So, when Im playing my songs on mobile app, I ask spotify mobile app to play in my web player, and he does that, but the window saying "oops, something was wrong, try refresh the page" appears again on the webplayer. And the song plays but I cant do nothing. So it works in my mobile app, but something in my laptop is making it harder to work on webplayer and pc app. I really dont know what else to do...

Check the prints of the bug. The first in my webplayer, the second one in my pc app. 

Thank you

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

check here the prints*

sorry

Margarida Peixoto

spotify bug.PNG
spotifybug2.PNG

Hi there @magspeixoto,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you try from an incognito/private window to see if the issue persist?

Just to be clear, you get the same behavior when you're using a different account as well?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yes, the problem persists in a private page, and yes, I've created another account, try that and it shows the same bug.
Thank you!
Cheeers!

Hey @magspeixoto,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you check if there are any entries containing Spotify in your host files and delete those? Please follow the instructions here.

Keep us posted!

AlexModerator

I've done all of that already! The problem persists

Thank you

Hi @magspeixoto,

Thanks for bearing with us.

There seems to be something in the laptop or the connection that's interfering with the the Spotify servers. Just to confirm, did you already try using a different connection? You can try using a mobile hotspot from your phone to see if the issue is related to the network.

Also, make sure that Spotify is whitelisted in both your firewall and antivirus.

Lastly and just to confirm, are you using a VPN? If you are, try disabling it as it may interfere with the app's performance.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts