Premium

Country

South Africa

Device

Apple Tv 4k 32 GB

Operating System

tvOS 17.0

My Question or Issue

I have the issue where whenever I play music on Spotify on my Apple Tv the song starts stuttering as if my network is slow.

In this cases I ran a speedtest and got my full 100mbps on my Apple Tv.

The workaround I have at the moment is to start skipping songs until it behaves properly again.

This is a issue that just started randomly one day, not after a specific update or release.

I have tried the following:

• Using multiple accounts/networks
  • Resetted the Apple Tv
  • Ensured that both the app an Apple Tv is updated to latest versions

Spotify is the only app that is behaving in this way.

Any feedback or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

11 Replies

Hey @BesterC,

Thanks for reaching out and kudos for the troubleshooting you've done.

We've forwarded this to the relevant team here at Spotify, however, we can't confirm when it will be addressed. In the meantime, please make sure to keep your app up-to-date.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the exact same problem and have troubleshooter to a similar extend with no resolution. I funnily enough also live in South Africa. 

Same problem in South Africa. Apple TV 4K 64GB. Please fix this!

Please could you help us with an update considering it’s been nearly a month? 🙏

Good morning @MihailY
Do you perhaps have any updates regarding this matter? 
It seems like several people from South Africa are experiencing the exact same issue.

Regards

Hey there folks,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

So far we were not able to reproduce this on our end. 

@BesterC could you please let us know the exact Spotify version that you're currently running? 

@beatjunkie87 did you try any further troubleshooting? In case you did and you were not able to fix it, we'd like you to share further details with us as well.

@GuyFowle if you're also experiencing this, would you mind sending us more information ( like device OS, Spotify version, any troubleshooting you've tried)? 

In addition, could you please specify where you're having this issue? Is this specific playlist or a podcast? From where do you start the playback?

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi @Lyubka
Version 2023.10.23_5-49c422 release-v2.253-3-gf9cae40-mvhz HEAD-v3.201.448-g356002a 1.39.4

Hi @Lyubka

So I'm experiencing it on almost every playlist or album I'm listening too.

Hi @Lyubka

Thank you for getting back to us.

I'll check tomorrow which version I have, but it's the latest update so presumably the same as @BesterC.

It happens everywhere, and seems to have gotten worse recently. The pattern I've noticed is that is tends to be every 4th song?

I know Apple TV had CDN issues in South Africa earlier this year. Perhaps related?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254162962

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/apple-tv-buffering.1235997/

We use (and love) Spotify on numerous devices – iPhones, iPads, MacBooks and an LG TV – and only the Apple TV is affected.

Please help.

Hi @Lyubka

2023.10.23_5-49bc422 release-v2.253-3-gf9cae40-mvhz HEAD-v3.201.448-g356002a 1.39.4

Interestingly, I’ve had no problems streaming twice today. Has the issue been fixed?

collegato alla TV sony xr-77a80k con il mio telefono S22 o semplicemente aprendo l'app di spotify direttamente dalla TV si verificano delle interruzioni nell'ascolto dei brani. questo problema non si verifica con altri dispositivi

Suggested posts