Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Need help for: ?Helping by closing down topics?

Solved!

Need help for: ?Helping by closing down topics?

Plan: PREMIUM

Operating System: LAPTOP + ANDROID

My Question or Issue:

1- QUOTE:

''The Spotify Community is a place where thousands of Spotify users go to get help and to help others.''

2- STATEMENT:

I got no help and my request was closed by a moderator named Alex. I tried to reply by email and it was blocked, so I must post here one last time.

3- REPLY TO (1st) and EMAIL (2nd) to inform me of the CLOSING:

followed by 4- THE ORIGINAL TOPIC (3rd as link):

''Your attempt to post a Message to "Re: [Android][Other] Video Game Music Potential - Status changed to: Case Closed" failed.

Your email could not be delivered Your reply by email post failed due to an unexpected error or because you do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action

Respond within the community

Submitted content:''

Hi,
thanks for your very impersonal and cold reply, but I don't understand the rules you mention or the necessity for such specificity. Internet has become such a complicated place and I thought moderators monitored important things like disrespect, fraud or vulgarities for example. I am just making a request for some music I'd love to find on Spotify...

- If you're easily offended (or a Millenial, lol), please STOP reading now -

//////////
As an analogy, I wish Blockbuster video stores would reopen, that way you
could get every movie choice at once and do simple requests to a living
person and get a simple answer on the spot.

Instead, now, in the **bleep**ed 21st Century, you got to buy Netflix, Amazon,
Disney+, HBO if you want to watch a good movie (that's starting to be like NAD+HXYZ+... and why not making an analogy with the title LGBTQXYZ+... while
we're at it, let's just add another letter to anything, just to make it more complicated so everyone gets his/her/their piece of the great big cake and gets his/her/their share of the market and proper precise label). - 'Steamed, whew! -

- It never ends, and on top of that, people get quite often overly offended over
your freedom of speech (which is not even using vulgarities) -
//////////

Anyways, I sincerely do not understand why my topic is not accepted other
than not raising any interest from anybody. And I actually do not need to know since it is unlikely that I will ever write again in this forum.

Please forgive my exasperation, but my general experience on internet is a
big disappointment when it comes to reach out.

I pay for Spotify and I can be happy dealing with what I get. Although I'll
have to keep another playlist on Youtube, which brings me back to my
precious analogy about using more than one channel at once. SY+XYZ+...

I really hope you don't feel offended because that would be a big proof of ignorance and that you're not listening to me, being shadowed by upfront beliefs, and I don't want to talk about it any further because I am not trying to make you change your decision. Really not, I am expressing myself once again and for what it's worth, once more, that won't change anything to the system here.

- 'RE-Steamed, whew! -

Cheers! and Ciao!

SirFrederick

---------- 

Hi SirFrederick,

Alex (Moderator) posted a new comment in Idea Submissions on 2020-12-24 01:13 PM:

Re: [Android][Other] Video Game Music Potential - Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2020-12-24

Hey @SirFrederick,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point 5: No pricing, subscription or content related requests.

Feel free to submit your idea again, making sure that it adheres to the above guidelines.

Cheers!

----------

HERE IS MY ORIGINAL TOPIC:

Dear everyone!

I've been with Spotify for a little while now and it is really the best platform for music.

However, when it comes to marginal music like video game music for example, I still got to keep my good old Youtube playlist as an archive because some of the songs I love are just not available on Spotify. My wish is that Spotify could encourage and promote an absolute reach possibility to any video game melody, please!

Here's my wish list for now:

Kid Icarus Stage 4-1 Original (although I got some of it through a Metal Band)

Act Raiser Stage 1 Filmore

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption Skytown

Bionic Commando Rearmed: Rise of the Albatross + Audience Granted

Final Fantasy VI - In Search for Friends + Save Them

Equinox Overworld + Title Theme

Ogre Battle Revolt + Impregnable Defense + Accretion Disk + White Storm + Autumnal Sky + Krypton

Sparkster Lakeside

Illusion of Gaia World Map

Vector TD 'Tower Defense' Themes (All please)

Ghouls N' Ghosts Commodore 64 Crystal Forest

In case you would like to know what I like and suggest some new songs to me, I would greatly appreciate.

If you like Metroid:

My Light Aether:

My Dark Aether:

Best Warm Regards,

Frederick

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @SirFrederick!

Thanks for posting and speaking your mind! We'll gladly give you some more information and we hope that our reply will reach you.

You're absolutely right on the matter that the Moderator team monitors the Community and ensures that it's a welcoming and friendly place for everyone who come to visit. We take action whenever we spot or when we receive a report of any offensive behavior on the boards.

Besides this however, we also facilitate the Community Ideas, which help inform the different developer teams about what features our users would like to see next. In order for the Ideas to accomplish their function, we need to ensure there is good oversight of those, that they're clear and that it's in Spotify's power to fulfill those.

We receive quite a lot of new ideas each day, so in order to be able to moderate those in a timely manner, we use a concise and direct wording when handling them. This does not mean that your individual idea has not been looked into thoroughly by one of us at the moderator team.

Your current Idea Submission was closed as it related to content on Spotify. This is one of the things that can't be influenced entirely by us. The relevant rights-holders of the content in question need to decide for themselves if they want their creation to be available on our platform. We cannot, and do not want to, force anyone to do so 🙂 This is the reason why in our Idea Submission Guidelines we mention that we cannot accept Ideas about content availability.

We hope this explains why we had to close your idea. Nevertheless, we do really wish we could offer you all the tunes out there. Even if this will probably never become truly possible, our team wanted to offer you something from heart, because every music fan out there is important to us. Many of us are gaming fans themselves, so we definitely share a common passion for both music and games.

As such, we sat down to create a playlist especially for you:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1IPaOcG0NX4yz061TSqoOK

The playlist includes some of our personal favorite video game melodies, including various interpretations of those, that we find particularly interesting in how they re-imagined the original sound. We're happy to say we even managed to find some of the tracks that you mentioned already available. There's a myriad of remixes and original or video game inspired music on Spotify. We invite you to try and start a discussion about it in our Music Chat board, where other fans could contribute with their recommendations.

Hope you enjoy and we would be happy to see you post in our Community again. Happy holidays!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @SirFrederick!

Thanks for posting and speaking your mind! We'll gladly give you some more information and we hope that our reply will reach you.

You're absolutely right on the matter that the Moderator team monitors the Community and ensures that it's a welcoming and friendly place for everyone who come to visit. We take action whenever we spot or when we receive a report of any offensive behavior on the boards.

Besides this however, we also facilitate the Community Ideas, which help inform the different developer teams about what features our users would like to see next. In order for the Ideas to accomplish their function, we need to ensure there is good oversight of those, that they're clear and that it's in Spotify's power to fulfill those.

We receive quite a lot of new ideas each day, so in order to be able to moderate those in a timely manner, we use a concise and direct wording when handling them. This does not mean that your individual idea has not been looked into thoroughly by one of us at the moderator team.

Your current Idea Submission was closed as it related to content on Spotify. This is one of the things that can't be influenced entirely by us. The relevant rights-holders of the content in question need to decide for themselves if they want their creation to be available on our platform. We cannot, and do not want to, force anyone to do so 🙂 This is the reason why in our Idea Submission Guidelines we mention that we cannot accept Ideas about content availability.

We hope this explains why we had to close your idea. Nevertheless, we do really wish we could offer you all the tunes out there. Even if this will probably never become truly possible, our team wanted to offer you something from heart, because every music fan out there is important to us. Many of us are gaming fans themselves, so we definitely share a common passion for both music and games.

As such, we sat down to create a playlist especially for you:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1IPaOcG0NX4yz061TSqoOK

The playlist includes some of our personal favorite video game melodies, including various interpretations of those, that we find particularly interesting in how they re-imagined the original sound. We're happy to say we even managed to find some of the tracks that you mentioned already available. There's a myriad of remixes and original or video game inspired music on Spotify. We invite you to try and start a discussion about it in our Music Chat board, where other fans could contribute with their recommendations.

Hope you enjoy and we would be happy to see you post in our Community again. Happy holidays!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts