Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Neither My Release Radar Nor My Discover Weekly Have Updated This Week

Neither My Release Radar Nor My Discover Weekly Have Updated This Week

Hi everyone.

My Release Radar did not update Friday and Discover Weekly did not update today (Monday). Closed and reopened client multiple times and even rebooted but nothing. Any way to manually trigger an update in these or otherwise get them to update, or am I stuck until (hopefully) Friday?

3 Replies

Hey @knarfz, help's here.

Does this happen with other devices? We suggest that you reinstall the app. For Discover Weekly, it might be worth searching for 'Discover Weekly' on the search bar, un-follow it, restart the app, search for it again and follow it.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Hi,

It happens across devices.  It's account-wide.  I did these things that you're suggesting and nothing worked.  The only thing that does work is waiting a week or two weeks or three weeks and evenually it starts updating again.

One thing I did notice is that these non-update weeks seem to occur around holidays.  This particular one referenced in the thread happened on Easter weekend.  It also happened on (US) Memorial Day weekend and (US) Labor Day weekend.  I don't know if that help track down why this occasionally happens, but I hope it does, because I look forward to these playlists every week.

Hey @knarfz, thanks for info.

Does the delay still happen with both your Release Radar and Discover Weekly, or only one of them? 

Also, do you use Private Listening a lot? This may have negative effects on your Discover Weekly. 

Do you have your app offline often? If you use Spotify offline, the updates won't be visible directly and you might have to wait a while for the updates to come. 

We understand you've tried with several devices, but can you make sure you delete the cache along with reinstalling the app? If you're using Windows, the Spotify folder to delete can be found in C:\Users\(your username)\AppData... check both local and roaming. As a heads up, this will remove all your offline music so you need to re-download them.

Let us know if that helps 🙂

Suggested posts