Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Samsung Galaxy s10+

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I recently changed my bluetooth adaptor for my car - with the new adaptor spotify no longer enters car mode automatically.

How can I set my new bluetooth adaptor to work the same way as the old one - automatically enabling car mode when connected?

3 Replies

Hey there @threecard

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

In this case, we suggest that you make sure to check in the app settings that Car Mode isn't set as Never. 

On another note, could you let us know the make and model of the adaptor you used before and of the new one?

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi @eni

Car Mode is set to 'Only in a car'

Can't remember the make or model of the old one that works - something cheap from aliexpress or ebay (Whatever was the cheapest one about 3 years ago). It's bluetooth name was 'My Car Charger' 

New one is a Baseus

Hey @threecard,

Thanks for the info.

Can you switch Car Mode to Always and then try to connect again. After that, turn off the car's BT adaptor and exit Car Mode from your phone > Switch back to Only in Car and check whether it's connecting normally after you start the car again.

Something else you can try is connecting a different mobile device to the car, to check if the issue is related to the adaptor or to your phone.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts