Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New album missing from windows phone

Solved!

New album missing from windows phone

A new album just came out last night and showed up both on my Windows phone and on my Kindle. I listened to the album from my Kindle and added some songs to a playlist. Now today I go to listen to the playlist from my phone, but the songs I added are gone and when I look up the album it's also nowhere to be found. However at the same time, I can go onto my Kindle and the album and songs are there! It is as if the Spotify app on my phone doesn't even know this album is out already and even when I go to the artist the album isn't there. Help! If it helps the album is called Retrograde by Crown the Empire.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @makaylasmiles,

As of today, the album is not available in these countries:

AD AR AU AT BE BO BR BG CA CL CO CR CY CZ DK DO EC SV EE FI FR DE GR GT HN HK HU IS IE IT LV LI LT LU MY MT MX MC NL NZ NI NO PA PY PE PH PL PT RO ES SG SK SI SE CH TW TR GB US UY

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label.

If the music is gone, the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify. 

Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.

Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

Hopefully it will come back later.

More info here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/I-want-an-artist-song-on-Spotify/td-p/1136005

https://open.spotify.com/album/3DyqJmc1Mged8dW8uo3vMe

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @makaylasmiles,

As of today, the album is not available in these countries:

AD AR AU AT BE BO BR BG CA CL CO CR CY CZ DK DO EC SV EE FI FR DE GR GT HN HK HU IS IE IT LV LI LT LU MY MT MX MC NL NZ NI NO PA PY PE PH PL PT RO ES SG SK SI SE CH TW TR GB US UY

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label.

If the music is gone, the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify. 

Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.

Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

Hopefully it will come back later.

More info here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/I-want-an-artist-song-on-Spotify/td-p/1136005

https://open.spotify.com/album/3DyqJmc1Mged8dW8uo3vMe

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Well thank you for the effort, but all I'm saying is that there seems to be a glitch of some sort. I live in the US and the album was available last night and I actually had it on my phone screen and playing, and suddenly today it's gone, but it still appears on my other devices.

Same thing happened to me it's working on my Samsung phone both my playlist and searching the album. On my iPad it's nowhere to be found. It still tells me the same number of songs are in my playlist, yet they still aren't there.

Okay so update
Now the album actually shows, but most of the songs are grayed out, like songs that aren't yet available. When I click a song it does say "sorry, it is not available in your current region"....but I am! The album has been available in my region for a few days. This is very annoying as I can't listen to these songs on the go because they don't show up on my phone, I hope it fixes itself or something.

Did you not read what osornios

Ohh darn I'm so sorry I missed that geez. Yes I did read it I just missed that plus I was under the impression that it was already released because well they have been talking about it for days, it was just odd to me that it worked and was there the night they announced it and its now days past that day it was supposed to be out. Relax I just overlooked it, the bold print helped, THANK YOU.

Suggested posts