Premium

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro late 2012

Operating System

Mojave

My Question or Issue

The newest episode of Joe Rogan's podcast that is shown to me is from 3 months ago. Sometimes new episodes will be recommended to me on the home page but those don't show up on Rogan's page in my library.

Everything displays as it should on my phone, this problem is only on my MacBook.

Updating to the latest version of Spotify doesn't help nor does unfollowing/refollowing the podcast. I've also tried uninstalling/reinstalling Spotify but still having the same issue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @CazBaum,

Thank you for posting on the Community. 

We understand you already reinstalled the app. Could you try running a clean reinstall this time? This one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, please let us know if you're able to find one of the new episodes when searching for them in the Search box on your MacBook. 

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @CazBaum,

Thank you for posting on the Community. 

We understand you already reinstalled the app. Could you try running a clean reinstall this time? This one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, please let us know if you're able to find one of the new episodes when searching for them in the Search box on your MacBook. 

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator

I see in the linked file that a clean reinstall will delete any downloads I have. That’s ok for me but will it also delete my liked songs and playlists? I hope not.

Hi @CazBaum,

Thank you for your reply. 

When you reinstall the app you will need to download the music to your device again. However, the music library itself won't be affected as it is linked directly to your account.

The Community will be here to keep helping you. 

MafeGModerator

Good day 

Last episode i see is 1920 portnoy 

After that i cant see new ones. in notifications i see them but the dont show on playlist

I have re installed and also created new account. 

Please can you assist 

Hello,

the last episode is with Portnoy and no updates after this episode. How can I fix this?

I have tried the steps for the “clean reinstall” multiple times and it still isn’t working. I am able to search and find the episodes, and after doing that they pop up in my library. But I should not have to do this. 

Suggested posts