Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No image and no title when sharing a playlist on Facebook

Solved!

No image and no title when sharing a playlist on Facebook

I am uncertain of why this is the one I try to share a playlist that I have created on Facebook no image at all appears. The image representing my playlist is generated by Spotify. Also there is no title of the playlist and no information.  I get a skinny empty gray box that says Spotify web player. That is all. Does anyone know why this is happening? I have tried to post something from an iPad, from an iPhone, and on the desktop and the sharing experience is absolutely horrible looking. ( I would attach a photo, though this forum for some reason takes a file type of that JPG but not JPEG  which is what my iPad creates for every single photo )

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

After a chat with support & not getting to an answer, I decided to experiment a bit with re-creation of the playlist. What I found was an issue with a specific song that existed on multiple albums. I noticed the album cover was different from when I originally added the song to the playlist. (I heart everything before I add it, and noticed the missing heart first.) For some reason Spotify started pulling the song from a compilation instead of the album I selected. Whenever I added the compilation track in a test, I ran into this issue. I had to re-create the playlist to get this to work as expected. So very odd!!!spotify-fb-issue.jpg

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

After a chat with support & not getting to an answer, I decided to experiment a bit with re-creation of the playlist. What I found was an issue with a specific song that existed on multiple albums. I noticed the album cover was different from when I originally added the song to the playlist. (I heart everything before I add it, and noticed the missing heart first.) For some reason Spotify started pulling the song from a compilation instead of the album I selected. Whenever I added the compilation track in a test, I ran into this issue. I had to re-create the playlist to get this to work as expected. So very odd!!!spotify-fb-issue.jpg

Suggested posts