Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No longer able to play The RobCast directly from smart speakers

No longer able to play The RobCast directly from smart speakers

I used to be able to play these Rob Bell Robcast podcasts (https://open.spotify.com/show/5zUb9oalsHnKDMHIWEaiEp?si=73e8095d4b394661) through my Google and Amazon smart speakers but no more, unless I start it from the Spotify website. Instead, they play something in Greek (I think) or some amateur movie review podcast (neither of these have I ever selected). Then the website switches to that other stuff I don't want. How can I fix this? One option could be for me to create a playlist with just the RobCast feed, but I see no way to add a podcast feed to a playlist (just individual episodes).

bkengland_0-1616011212580.png

Thanks!
Bruce 

5 Replies

Hey there @bkengland

Welcome to the Community and thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Would you mind letting us know if this is only happening when you try using voice commands on your speakers or in any other way as well?

On another note, could you try listening to this podcast on other devices without using your speakers to check if the issue persists?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Ok, I was able to fix this, but not via Spotify. I updated my Google Podcasts list and linked it as the default in my Google Home settings for Podcasts. I did this using the Google Home app on my cell phone. The Google Home app on my iPad lacked this setting, so I got lost there previously! As far as I can tell, Spotify features still won't do for what I'm after. Or anything else, frankly. I use Pandora for music, and it's far superior for that, IMHO.

Hey @bkengland

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're glad to hear that you were able to fix this. However, we would like to continue with the help to see if you can do this like you used to. 

Just to confirm, did you give @Eni's suggestion a try? It would also be helpful to know if this happens only when using voice commands. This will help us investigate further.

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Spoiler
Yes, it happened only when I use voice commands on smart speakers. And whatever plays on the smart speaker affects, in turn, what plays via the website, too.

Hey @bkengland,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

There's an idea about this. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts