Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No longer able to repeat 1 song

Solved!

No longer able to repeat 1 song

Up until this newest update I could press repeat once to put the whole playlist on repeat, then again to repeat just that one song, and a third click would turn off repeat. Now it only goes between repeat all and turning repeat off. It's the same on both firefox and chrome.

I don't know whether this is a bug or if it's been intentionally disabled, but either way it's absolutely infuriating.

70 Replies

My repeat one song feature is gone. Can you PLEASE fix this, thank you! And btw, I sort liked the app without this new update because now everything is different and I have to figure out where everything is.

This feature was on my first discman from 1989.  It's nothing new, it's an established part of the listening to music life, yet Spotify wants to take it away from us.  Stupid **bleep**s.  Next thing, spotify will be wanting to take away our microphone outputs too, oh wait.

And it's gone.............. Why? What is so difficult to remain this simple feature, Spotify????

Same for me....

why did they took it away?

For me it was working yesterday and now today it isn't... come on, Spotify. I can't use your app and program make my computer freeze up and forces me to do a hard reset with the power button, so I have no choice BUT to use your web player. 😕 

what do you exactly mean with that it works with you? Have you found a workaround or something for this now missing feature?

Looks like repeat one is finally available on the web player!

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It works on the web indeed.

But...... on my Iphone it's gone again....

I'm in dialogue with support, but they keep suggesting that it is on my device, or my account, or whatever.

It's a Spotify thing. Almost after every update the 'repeat one song' feature is gone....

@user-removed

I've never had that happen on my iOS devices. The repeat one option is always there.

Have you tried reinstalling the Spotify app? Sounds like the app file currently installed is corrupted or something.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I pay for this service I should be able to repeat a song. Doesn't work on the PC standalone app or on my iPhone app.

The repeat 1 feature works when you play the music through your phone but isn’t available when using Spotify Connect to play the music through external speakers

well this sucks

The repeat feature randomly started working on my computer. Has anyone else had this happen?

This is critical functionslity for parents playing white noise or a soothing track for baby.  When the track stops or switches baby wakes up and makes me really hate Spotify on a level I didn't even think was possible.

Why is this problem marked as "solved" ? it's still there!

also can anyone explain to me how I have this problem too? when I didn't update my spotify at all?

how do I fix this?

h.jpg

I still don't have any repeat song function on my spotify. I thought it was restored. Wasn't it??

My client is the latest available on Linux... Please someome help!!

I would love to tell Spotify that I HATE THIS UPDATE!!! Being able to repeat the same song was essential to my music experience. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!

@spotify!!!!! Repeat one song is gone and it is frustrating your customers. Over and over again...

And it’s not the the customer. It’s you guys...

Resolve the problem please!!!

@MadLove wrote:

Why is this problem marked as "solved" ? it's still there!

also can anyone explain to me how I have this problem too? when I didn't update my spotify at all?

how do I fix this?

Did you receive an answer of Spotify?

Hi Everybody,

It works. Again. Thanks for that.
Please, leave it this way or stay focused with future updates....

Suggested posts