Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No playlist synchronization between different devices

Solved!

No playlist synchronization between different devices

I'm just decided to give spotify premium a try but it seems not to be working very well.

I've created a new playlist with the Linux client. But if I open that playlist on Android or Windows it has less tracks than on Linux. I thought the Linux client might still be buggy since it's a preview so I did the following:

I copied all the spotify links from that playlist into a text file. Then I created an all new playlist with the Windows client and pasted the links. This seems to have worked just fine but the synchronization is even worse. On an other client the playlist is empty.

I've googled a lot but it seems that no one else has a similar problem. What could be wrong here?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Can you try copying the tracks from a playlist that is not working, into a new playlist on your computer, copying a maximum of 331 tracks at a time? There appears to be an issue with playlist synching on the desktop client with the Spotify servers when you go over that limit. It has been reported as an issue internally by Spotify.

I would suggest you try copying them over in batches of 100 and see how that goes! Don't forget that local files in playlists won't be synced between devices, unless you follow the steps here to sync them to your mobile (although milage may vary on linux, never tested it myself!) or manually copy the local files to your Windows computer. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Can you try copying the tracks from a playlist that is not working, into a new playlist on your computer, copying a maximum of 331 tracks at a time? There appears to be an issue with playlist synching on the desktop client with the Spotify servers when you go over that limit. It has been reported as an issue internally by Spotify.

I would suggest you try copying them over in batches of 100 and see how that goes! Don't forget that local files in playlists won't be synced between devices, unless you follow the steps here to sync them to your mobile (although milage may vary on linux, never tested it myself!) or manually copy the local files to your Windows computer. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Tried 100 at once as you suggested with the Linux client. Could see them appear almost instantly on my phone 🙂

Thanks a lot!

Suggested posts