Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No "Radio" Option in WebPlayer

Solved!

No "Radio" Option in WebPlayer

According to this article:

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/search_play/spotify-radio/

I should see "Radio" on the left hand side-bar however my WebPlayer is completely missing that option. I am also missing the start Radio options from an artist/album/song page. I have tried both Chrome and Internet Explorer. I am able to play radio stations through the iPhone app. Is there something I need to do to get radio active in the WebPlayer?

31 Replies

Unfortunately, It's not regional issue. I'm currently living under Trumps rule here in the US and do not have these features. 

The reason I thought it was regional is because when I turned on my VPN and set it to an American server, the radio feature was enabled.

VPN off, radio disappears.

Too bad. The App doesn't work on my work computer thus I have to use the web player. 

Go to the artist you'd like to listen to in radio. There are 3 options right under their name : Play, Follow and 3 Dots. Right click on the three dots and 3 more options will show: Follow Artist, Start Radio and Copy Artist Link. Choose Start Radio. There. You now have a radio station based off of that artist.  (Example Given in Attachment)

Screenshot 2018-01-17 at 6.06.42 PM.png

Go to the artist you'd like to listen to in radio. There are 3 options right under their name : Play, Follow and 3 Dots. Right click on the three dots and 3 more options will show: Follow Artist, Start Radio and Copy Artist Link. Choose Start Radio. There. You now have a radio station based off of that artist.  (Example Given in Attachment)

Screenshot 2018-01-17 at 6.06.42 PM.png

Yeah, fine. Unless you are not allowed to install applications on your work computer.

Hey Spotify. 

- Please put more thought into these 'improvements' - don't force me to install your player.

- Develop a car interface option on the mobile player so I don't end up in a ditch trying to skip Justin Beiber

I dont know how it works for others but I have a radio link in the webplayer, and on the Android app, but not on the desktop player. Given that the desktop is the only one that allows for volume levelling and is the player than I mostly prefer to use, I find this very annoying as it means that I have to open the webplayer just in order to start playing radio and then I haved to switch playback to the desktop app through the desktop app itself.

How hard can it really be to make all the features exactly the same across all platforms? Spotify just dont seem to have a clue about what real users want, and they provide no real method for users to communicate with them. Very disappointing.

OK, it's a little hidden but the option is there. You just go to the artist or playlist that you want to play the "radio station." For instance, if you go to Discovery Weekly playlist, you'll see a 3 dot "hamburger" menu. Click on that and you'll see the option to "Start Radio." I've attached a photo which shows the option. Hopefully, this helps others. 

Spotify web player radio.jpg

THANK YOU

If you right click on the song, album, artist, etc. you would like the radio station to play from you can select "Start radio".

Right-clicking on a playlist in the lefthand menu (but not on the big icon of the playlist's individual page) gives me a "Go to playlist radio" option in the web player

Looks like it's now been removed from the lefthand menu as well 😞 we're left with just Song Radio and no Playlist Radio.  I'm kinda surprised Spotify would remove their primary use case over other music options.

Suggested posts