Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No radio stations on Smart TV app?

No radio stations on Smart TV app?

I am a premium user with a spotify app on my Samsung Smart TV. Why am I not able to access the Spotify Radio? Only my playlists, whats new, top local tracks, and search. When I do a search I only have access to tracks and albums and have no ability to create a station. 

25 Replies

I second this, would really like to be able to use the Spotify radio on my TV.

I would like to see this and better support for usb keyboards. Right now I can only use the arrow keys and enter button for input.

@user-removed wrote:

I would like to see this and better support for usb keyboards. Right now I can only use the arrow keys and enter button for input.

Be sure to add your kudos and comments also to this topic on the ideas exchange which suggests this be implemented 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I need the radio feature on my tv! Otherwise I would have to use the spotify app strictly on my phone and pandora at home. This is silly that it was left out, I really don't want to have to search for music everytime I listen at home or while working out. Thanks 🙂

Spotify Radio is the main reason I use Spotify. I know I don't want to have to stop what I'm doing and pick a new song every few minutes.

Agreed. I don't understand why this simple function is just omitted.

Does nothing work flawlessly in the Spotify world until every device is an iDevice? iSpotify?

Oh come now. Not all iDevices work flawlessly.

Is their a major problem that it is not possible to get radio stations on spotify app? It would be great to have. Else the spotify app on samsung is not really "useless" but even not sooo useable.

Spotify make their libspotify available to hardware partners but I don't think it includes spotify radio. This may change in the future though. Meanwhile, add your support to this idea.

I love my new Samsung Smart TV and had Spotify in mind when selecting it. I would love to see the Radio option added to the App. I may have to go down the route of purchasing a Samsung tablet running Android otherwise.

+1 on adding radio feature to smart tv app on samsung.

Very frustrating, I pay for premium content. Add the radio feature please!

A quick response from anyone from Spotify would be encouraging.

No partner hardware devices have radio. They use libspotify which doesn't include it.

Spotify....is there an answer to why there is no radio feature on Samsung TV app?

I would be nice on other smart TVs like LGs Web OS also!

Please upgrade the Samsung Smart TV app so it's possible to listen to radio.

DEEZER have no problem with this feature so why is it so hard for Sportify it shoulden't take the programmer long time for this little fix

Please upgrade the Samsung Smart TV app so it's possible to listen to radio.

DEEZER have no problem with this feature so why is it so hard for Sportify it shoulden't take the programmer long time for fix

Registered just so I can add my voice to this. Without the radio feature, this Smart TV app looses it appeal, which makes having a premium account no longer worth the money. I guess I'll have to stick with Pandora until the apps team decides to do something about this.

Suggested posts