Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No signal subwoofer from Xbox One app

Solved!

No signal subwoofer from Xbox One app

Hi,

I recently switched from Deezer to Spotify, mainly because of the new app for Xbox One (to use with Spotify Connect, works great functionally btw!).

But my subwoofer doesn't receive any signal from de Spotify-app (through the Sony receiver). First I thought it was a problem with my cables (or the receiver), but when I play a game or watch a movie on the Xbox, the subwoofer does its work perfectly! But not the Spotify app... I'm stuck with a thin sound without much bass / low tones.

I already checked the presets of the receiver, and in the Xbox-settings switched stereo to surround sound (in TV and OneGuide) and choose "5.1 not compressed" for audio-out.

How do I get my subwoofer running in combination with Spotify on my Xbox (One)? Te-indtalling the app didn't work (as suggested by one of the staff members)

Sincerly,

Ynse Algra

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello,

Latest version of Spotify App for Xbox One does upmix audio up till 5.1 channels. 

Make sure to enable Bitstream output for the best audio experience.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I am in the same boat though I have sound on my subwoofer, the Spotify app does not give me 5.1 sound? I wish Spotify would have better support for the Xbox One.

Marked as solution

Hello,

Latest version of Spotify App for Xbox One does upmix audio up till 5.1 channels. 

Make sure to enable Bitstream output for the best audio experience.

It's ali-i-i-i-ive! In version 1.2.9.70 my subwoofer is joining the rest of the speakers when playing music via the Xbox.

Thanks for the notification and fix!

How about an option to enable/disable the upmixing. Some of us actually prefer that the music is output in stereo so the music isn't output from center/surround speakers and the filtering of low frequencies from front channels to subwoofer is handled by the receiver instead.

Agreed that there should be an option to turn off the surround sound upmix! I have a pretty great speaker setup, if I do say so myself, and the audio from the Xbox spotify app is basically not usable anymore. The mids are muddy and the bass is way too dominant. I'd much prefer the unmodified song audio to be output so that my receiver can just pump out the clean audio quality I have come to expect. 

Suggested posts