Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No sound through Heos and Spotify Connect

Solved!

No sound through Heos and Spotify Connect

Right, I've been having a big problem with my Denon Heos 1 speaker and Spotify Connect.

Initially, my Heos speaker was connected to my wifi, and I could find it on Spotify Connect, then I would go through the process to play through the speaker, but no sound would come out the speaker. The track would progress along the timeline as normal, but it was as if I had muted it (I hadn't on Spotify or my speaker). However, when I pressed pause, the track timeline would reset to the beginning of the track. Further, the Heos app couldn't find the speaker.

I contacted Denon, and they have provided numerous solutions, I have since managed to connect to the speaker through the app. I can play music through any service: Deezer, Tunein Radio etc. However, I still cannot play using Spotify. The only difference now is that when I pause, the track timeline pauses as it should. There is still no music being played.

I have soft and hard resetted the Heos speaker, changed network settings etc., and it appears the problem with the speaker is solved. I am using a Macbook Air and iPhone 6 on the latest OS. I have uninstalled the Spotify app on both, restarted both devices, reinstalled the Spotify app, then restarted both devices again, logged into Spotify on both, and the problem still remains. Yet I can still play music using any other service.

I have recently gone from Spotify student premium to Spotify family, so I have premium, but that's the only thing that has changed, I'm not sure how this could have affected it.

I have restarted my router (BT Homehub 5), I have checked all the settings for it, turned off and on again the UPnP settings.

Anyone have any solutions before go insane from a lack of music in my life?

130 Replies

Hi! 

My system still does not work. Problems with grouping speakers, spotify connect stops working after a few tunes. Sometimes the whole system stops playing, sometimes one or two speakers keeps playing while the others stops. Does not matter if they are on wifi or ethernet. The volume sliders in the heos app does not work as aspected either. How long has it been? 6 month??! 5 heos 3, 1 heos 3 and 2 amps. 

Hi,
Actually I don't think your problem is related to same issue that this old
thread is about.
This thread was regarding a Spotify connect issue, where everything else
was working fine with the HEOS systems. I could play music from local NAS
and from TuneIn for hours and it was only when I used Spotify connect
everything stopped and I had to restart HEOS speakers.

Have you been in contact with HEOS support at Denon? To me it sounds like
some other problem, like something in your network or maybe a defective
HEOS player.

The first issue with the Denon Heos 5 system ( 7 of them) was solved several months ago when I switch from Charter to AT&T. Better moderm and router solved my problem. Most of the time, I used the Spotify connect. it was fine foe a while but last week the Spotify connect was acting up. Slow connection and the sound cut on and off. I could see the Spotify playlist disappeared with the message " connecting..." I drove me crazy for a few days. I tried to reset all my Iphones 4 and 4s to factory setting to delete the Spotify app and then re-installed the Spotify app. Since then, It has been working 99.9 percent the way I wanted. I don't think the Denon Heos 5 app but rather the issue is with the Spotify app. Hope this help.

If you have "your speakers configured with Audio Quality= High, then try
changing this to Normal
This solved problems with instability for me

Each of my speakers have "excellent" wifi and internet connectivity, both
in quality and speed, but I still had problems with instability. Changing
the "audio quality" from High to Normal seamed to solve the problem (so
far)

Instructions: Open the Heos App, Go to: "Music" tab -> Settings (gearwheel
symbol) -> "My Units" -> your speaker -> Quality -> make sure to select
"Normal" (and not "High"

Best / Martin

Actually I do also have the same problem. During playback suddenly the whole Spotify playback stops, or just for one or for some speakers. However this issue is now for around 3 weeks without any differences in my homenetwork.

I attached a log from my HEOS app. People which got also this issue should do this as well. The workaround with normal playback by the way is not working.

P.s.: I do face this issue from Android and Windows App.

I checked my WiFi. The canal works fine. I use my iPad to program it. It is quite frustrating That it works so shortly. Please give me a tip. 

Does not work for me on HEOS 7 right now. All updates installed. Worked for about a month, not anymore, no restarts help.

I have the same problem, did you solved it?

Hi,

Actually I don't think your problem is related to same issue that this old thread is about. This thread was regarding a Spotify connect issue, where everything else was working fine with the HEOS systems.

As I remember it, the cause of the issue was that Denon implemented some new code to early that did not work with Spotify Connect.

At that time I could play music from local NAS and fromTuneIn for hours and it was only when I used Spotify connect everything stopped and I had to restart HEOS speakers.

Have you been in contact with HEOS support at Denon? It might be some other problem, like something in your local  network, internet access or maybe a defective HEOS player.

Hi!

I actually solved it after about 20 tries. I ended up resetting every unit in the system with the small reset button on the back. I will work for about 2 hours but then I noticed that the speakers will upgrade to the latest firmware by themself. In the app (only tried the iphone version) you are able to disable auto update. However that setting to will be reset by the reset button. The way I solved that was to disable the internet connection in the router while running the wifi as usual. Then once again resetting the whole system and switch of the auto update. Seems like the first unit you connect to the wifi will be the "master unit". I chose an amp connected by wire to be the master. You can see the firmware version in the app. Changing audio quallity and "**bleep**" like that does not affect anything unless you have a really, really, really slow internet connection. I spent several hours resetting and trying and looking at firmware versions etc but the system has been working for several month now. The amps does not turn on and off all the time either. One last thing, you are able to update the app on the iphones/ipads etc. That won't screw up the system.

Hope this can be usefull to you all. 

Similar Spotify drop issues ever since installation. Sonos worked for years with no issues at all and now constant failures (every 10 to 30 mins). I have called tech support easily 5 times, I am 100% sure it is not the router/network a that has all been examined by a network pro, all apps are updated and all re-booted countless times and still the same issue, this is a fully wired solution (only my phone/iPad to control is wireless) with 3 "connect" units.  This is only with Spotify. Incredibly annoying.  I changed for the better sound quality...I should have just bought 3rd party DACs and connected to Sonos.  

Suggested posts