Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No tracks will play on my Squeezebox Radio

Solved!

No tracks will play on my Squeezebox Radio

I just bought a Squeezebox radio specifically to go with my Spotify Premium account - and of course nothing works.  I'm in the UK...I have a UK Spotify and a UK mysqueezebox.com account.  I have set both up and can play other music and stream radio stations fine.  My spotify account plays fine on my mobile (Android) and on my computer.  But Spotify won't play on my Squeezebox Radio.  I have upgraded to the latest software and I have reset to the factory settings.  Installed and uninstalled from both the Radio and from mysqueezebox.com.  What do I do???  I really love the radio and I am not going to pay for a Spotify account if it won't work on my Squeezebox...

I can sign in to Spotify on the radio and I can see all my playlists and music.  I can select songs and it pulls them up with the album artwork and then nothing happens.  Sometimes the bar moves likes its playing but there is no sound, but most of the time the time bar doesn't even move.  Twice I was able to play about 5 seconds of a track before it stopped and then wouldn't play that song or any other ever again.  HELP!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Here's a picture of my settings on the Logitech Media Server:

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/636/spotifysettings1.png

And here's the plugin located in logitechs plugin list:

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2424/spotifysettings2.png

To access these menus you need to run the logitech media server and go to the settings. From there you need to go to advanced and then advanced settings.

From doing this though I am now aware of a new version of both the logitech software and the spotify plugin. Will give it a go and update when what I discover.

UPDATE: Have updated Logitech Media Server to 7.7.2 and updated the 3rd party Spotify plugin to 2.2.4 and so far everything seems to work fine. Playlists have also synced over. I think the most important setting in this, if I remember correctly, is the Helper option. Having this on seems to get better results with getting Spotify. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Hello there.

Do you get any error messages on the Squeezebox at all? Or just freeze up?

Are you able to use any other functionality on the Squeezebox at all?
Airhorn Enthusiast

It doesn't freeze - I can push fast forward and it pretends its fast forwarding...and the track title and artist still scroll across the top.  And there is no error message anywhere.  

I can use all the other functionality - I have played music from my local drive on my computer, I have streamed internet radio stations with no problem. 

Just Spotify doesn't work...I can see all the playlists and songs from my Spotify account and can select them.  And I can search for music and it finds songs, but it won't play them.

Hmm. I have a feeling you might need to chat with Logitech about this. Are you connected wirelessly or via a cable? Would your Router have any firewalls that might prevent Spotify connecting?
Airhorn Enthusiast

I'm connected wirelessly.  I am able to use Spotify on my laptop and my mobile using the same wireless connection/router - so there shouldn't be any firewalls there.  I think its a Spotify issue because everything else works on the Radio except Spotify.

I have the exact same problem and I'ml in France.

Sometime, restarting the squeezebox allow to play 1 song but not the 2nd one.

I have tried to reinstall the Spotify app and even factory reset

Same for me here in Holland with a Squeezebox Touch. Could it have something to do with the area you live? It's really annoying...

Same here in the US. I have 5 squeezebox radios. Pandora works great, and Spotify works on my laptops on the same wireless LAN. Spotify on the Squeezebox radios will usually play music for a few seconds, then freeze, then play a few seconds of another song (in the same playlist as the song I picked), then stop again. It's almost like the pause and skip buttons are acting up.

I had this problem for weeks on my Squeezebox Radio. In the end the thing that I tried was to download the logitech media server software and run that from my laptop with the third party Spotify app that is available with the logitech server software. Took a little fiddling but I got it to work eventually. I'm not currently at my house, but when I'm back I'll have a look into the settings that mine is working on. Hope this helps!

Thanks WalrusDunne!  Would love to get the details on those settings.  I'm pretty frustrated with the squeezebox/spotify integration and how much time I've already put into it.  Would love to learn from what you did.

Marked as solution

Here's a picture of my settings on the Logitech Media Server:

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/636/spotifysettings1.png

And here's the plugin located in logitechs plugin list:

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2424/spotifysettings2.png

To access these menus you need to run the logitech media server and go to the settings. From there you need to go to advanced and then advanced settings.

From doing this though I am now aware of a new version of both the logitech software and the spotify plugin. Will give it a go and update when what I discover.

UPDATE: Have updated Logitech Media Server to 7.7.2 and updated the 3rd party Spotify plugin to 2.2.4 and so far everything seems to work fine. Playlists have also synced over. I think the most important setting in this, if I remember correctly, is the Helper option. Having this on seems to get better results with getting Spotify. Hope this helps!

I had eksaktly the same problem. I checked my firewall logs and In my case the solution was to change the DNS server in DHCP scope, and wollah it work 🙂

Same, same, squeexebox working fine, spotify premium working fine. Playing spotify through squuezebox... 5's of playing but no sound then seems to skip to next track. Have installed and reinstalled all.

Hurumph. 

Ben

Further to that....

all good, thanks walrus, uninstalled spotift app, reinstalled 3rd party one as his instructions. We have music!!

Same problem here... Playlists are OK on my PC Spotify App but my Squeezebox radio app will either only play the first track in a playlist or none at all :O( All other functions seem fine except Spotify.

I have the same problem. Any patch for the spotify plugin? I have tried to reset the radio several times but in doesn't solve the problem.

I had the same problem. You have to do the following

access the logitech web control panel 

go to plugins

select the spotify plugin and select settings all the way on the right

login to your spotify account

I did these steps and it is working. 

Hmm.

Does the appointed solution here require a Logitech Media Server running on a separate computer/hardware in the local network for the Squeezebox Spotify client to work?

It sure looks that way (not least because the "Always stream via Helper" in the Triode Spotify plugin settings is checked).

If so, I don't consider that a solution. 😕

Suggested posts