Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No video on Samsung TV

Solved!

No video on Samsung TV

I have a Samsung UN65RU7300FXZA Curved 65-Inch 4K UHD 7 Series Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility (2019 Model) TV, when I try to play a podcast on the TV, there is no video. I am using the Spotify App from Samsung's library. 

Is anyone else have issues with new Samsung TVs?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The issue that we were directed to vote for to fix this has been closed as fixed, with video being added to Fire sticks and FireTVs. But it’s still not fixed on Samsung TVs.

Can this be reopened since this has not been addressed in the other ticket, and is still relevant?

View solution in original post

32 Replies

The issue is that spotify decided to not support the video feature on majority of their supported platforms. Nothing wrong with your TV, just something wrong with spotify management. They didn't anticipate that people would want to watch videos on the large video-playing devices in their houses.

Yeah this is really garbage especially since Joe Rogan took full episodes off of YouTube...I have to watch on my phone instead of my 80 inch Samsung now...as someone with a family premium plan this is **bleep**

Ditto. Can watch Rogan on my phone, but not my TV? Silly.

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Sorry for the delayed reply, we've just come across this thread.

Although video playback isn't currently supported in all TV apps, we recommend checking this idea and adding your +Vote and comments to show your support. You can also Subscribe to it to be on top of any new updates we share about it.

We recently rolled out this functionality to Chromecast and through the app on some Android TVs. We're always taking your feedback into consideration as it helps us improve the app and the overall experience.

You can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi, why are you not adding the support to samsung tv’s as well?

How long until Samsung TV support? Or are you totally ignoring us?

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

Just want to clarify how this seems very silly to a lot of spotify users (and samsung tv owners). Do you mean that you implemented video playback on chromecast and selected android tv’s due to likes/votes on your forums?

I fail to see why you wouldn’t want this feature to be available on a platform as big as that of samsung smart tv’s as well, unless other commercial interests were at play, such as helping push sales of the other platforms. 
Feels more like you are trying to stall this issue due to just that instead of thinking in terms of customer benefit.

I have now posted my idea here specifically for samsung tv video podcast support.

Please vote!

Spotify: why are are you ignoring your customers? We have posted the idea and you keep closing the ideas as duplicates and redirecting us to that firestick idea. Please read carefully  : we need video support for SmartTV’s, Samsung specifically. This is just frustrating we are paying way too much money to be in this situation for something that simple. The only reason why I pay for Spotify is to listen to JRE and having no video support is simply nonsense. If you don’t want to lose your customers you should really start to pay attention to our requests.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

As mentioned above - we suggest that you head over to this idea and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates regarding this.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

You could help by enabling all of Spotify’s features on Samsung TV’s.

Hi again @Railside,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not a developer and these things can take time.

If you'd like to you can head over to the idea that's mentioned above and Subscribe to the thread for any updates regarding this.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
Marked as solution

The issue that we were directed to vote for to fix this has been closed as fixed, with video being added to Fire sticks and FireTVs. But it’s still not fixed on Samsung TVs.

Can this be reopened since this has not been addressed in the other ticket, and is still relevant?

Carlos, reopen this. 2 years later and still no Samsung TV support. Isn’t that odd?

Don’t link to another article.

Don’t say it’s been resolved.

Hey, Samsung TV user.

Video from podcast is not working. It starts playing (with terrible quality) and then it just stops after a few seconds.

Tried reintalling/restarting etc.

I get the voting system but how does Spotify release video and not deliver it to the biggest brands on TV? 

thanks

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

We can confirm that video on podcasts is available for some of the newer Android TV devices, as well as that the relevant team is working on expanding the list as much as possible. If no video is available with podcasts on your device, please leave a post with the exact make and model of your TV. We appreciate your feedback on this and we’ll let the team know about your report and that this is something you’d like to see in the future.

@jboxfmspace your issue seems to be a tad different. It appears that this feature is available on your device, however not working as intended. In this case, we'd recommend that you reinstall the app and try connecting to a different network to see if the issue persists. If it does, we'd be grateful if you start another help thread to keep both topics separate and we'll happily continue troubleshooting there.

Hope this info is useful. Take care! 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Two years for a moderated response to ask “What make & model” on a SAMSUNG
thread. No wonder nothing happens at Spotify besides taking our money.

@mihail

The model is Samsung UE49MU6445

I have done all that, resetting reinstalling etc.

Its a totally bizarre issue - never shows with good quality (ie its like an upscaled 1990s vid) and it always stops within 30seconds or so of playback. Always. 

In 2022, an app with video that does not work on every major TV brand is a terrible look. I work in software dev, understand use cases and what not - this is not an underground or secondary tv brand, its a leading standard across the world. For a tech company to release this in this state is simply baffling. 

Suggested posts