No video only sound Joe Rogan Podcast Chromecast

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Samsung galaxy S10+ / Chromecast Ultra

My Question or Issue

When i stream de JRE from my phone to chromecast i only get audio, no video. If i'm only using my phone i get video.

96 Replies

Yes thank you Spotify for allowing us to watch the podcast.

Can’t resize the player or get a pop out player though. It’s either a tiny box in the corner of the Spotify desktop app or a giant edge to edge full screen player. Same thing in browser...

What am I missing?

Hey everyone,

Thanks for posting.

Keep in mind that we're constantly running tests in order to provide you with the best music/ podcast experience possible. So it's possible that there might be a difference in the features available to you and your friends. Keep in mind that this availability can also change over time. Click here to learn more about Spotify tests.

@paranormalcy does this behavior come up only when using Chromecast, or in general? We'd appreciate it if you post a couple of screenshots of what you see at your end, as well as your Spotify app version.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My video will now cast to my tv, which is great. But... now my audio doesn't work. The audio is all choppy. Tried multiple jre podcasts and all have the same sound. 

my samsung smart tv is still only getting audio. i can see it updated december 1st. Also, my iphone connects to a video output via lightning/usb cable and it only gets audio. i can see the iphone app updated november 26th.

update smart tv apps

remove block on iphone screen share via usb cable

It is partially fixed...Can’t view on Firestick and other.  

Vid access should be as easily accessible as on You-Tube.  Bad oversight that Spodify needs to address asap far as I can tell.

Who just listens to JRE audio...Minority.  Please address Spodify.

"Jamie, pull that up..."

Wait, what? I can't see anything!

As I'm sure has been mentioned repeatedly....

I can no longer watch Joe Rogan on my TV. Both Samsung and FireTVstick apps play audio only. Seriously guys..? $100m deal to get the exclusive rights and you can't even get the TV app ready, despite having several months.

Please fix this asap.

Smash Up The Dancefloor (Drum & Bass)
Fluid Mechanics (Chilled)

Hi Mihail, 

It still doesnt work on smart TVs. I have an LG smart TV with the Spotify smart TV app. There is no sign of an update available for it. 

Its great that the chromecast people are getting it up and running but can you tell me will the Smart TV people get sorted soon? I mean at some stage Spotify clearly made an app for smart TVs, surely its still on the books as something to get updates? 

Thanks, 

Brian 

it's clear the engineers do not like rogan. i dont see him getting the help
he needs.

i never used the spotify windows web player and desktop app until now. wow, the video player is awful. no theater or large player mode. only full screen or mini player. the desktop mini player has too much on the screen. i realize spotify was mostly audio only, but had to have known video was coming. thankfully youtube jre clips channel will continue to upload. 

I've contacted spotify numerous times since JRE moved to spotify. No one seems to care that the androidtv app does not support video at all. It needs an update. 

The only way to view jre on Android tv is to chromecast your entire screen from your phone. This doesn't really work either because your phone battery won't last and the phone tries to sleep. 

Spotify please address this. I've tagged you guys numerous times on Instagram, contacted support numerous times and people are trying to report the issue via IG on Joe's posts. 

I'm done trying. I pay for Spotify but you guys have dropped the ball on this for months. 

Hey there folks,

Glad to have you on the Community. We appreciate your feedback and your passion for this feature!

Your voice has been heard and we’re currently in the process of launching podcast video playback on the big screen via Chromecast as well as some Android TVs.

If you'd like to see video playback on other big screen devices as well, we'd recommend having a look in our Idea Exchange, where you can either vote for an existing idea or submit your own. Below you'll find a few ideas we think you might be interested in - feel free to add your +VOTE and comments to show your support:

With that said, in case you are experiencing issues with either Cast or Android TV app playback, it'd be great to first follow the steps in this support article and should the issue persist, please start a new topic with the following information:

• Spotify version
  • TV make and model
  • Chromecast OS version (if applicable)
  • Phone make and model
  • Exact nature of the issue (audio or video stopping, stuttering, etc.)
  • Does the issue happens on all podcasts with video?

Thanks - Keep us posted!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Seriously you want people to vote for a feature that should be available
because the mobile app has it?

Unbelievable

Do your job.

There’s a word for this situation, it’s “pathetic” I literally now have 0 way to watch joe Rogan now. Watching the podcasts on my tv for years and now, despite the fact that I pay for Spotify, not only has this ability been removed for, but now I’m forced to actually PIRATE content I’m paying for because Spotify’s own content isn’t compatible with their platform. It’s a joke.

Dear Spotify representatives, 

This should not be a voting situation. 

1. because not ever user is going to see this vote you have set up.
2. because most of us here wont bother voting and
3... and this is the MAIN REASON. Your company launched apps across multiple platforms. They should ALL be monitored and updated with the same features universally.
Why is this suddenly a negotiation? The customer is always right, RIGHT? If you want the customer to enjoy and more importantly pay for your product, before content, before marketing you have to sort out ACCESSIBILITY and your have made the most easily available podcast in the world into an inaccessible mess with people complaining and not watching. That's on you to sort out WITHOUT asking anything of us the consumer. 

Seriously think about it, your company launched apps across multiple platforms, by what logic would you alienate existing customers who use those apps?

You are going to see a massive drop off in paying customers if you don't get this sorted. I'm on the brink myself. This will be my last month if I don't see this sorted out asap. 

My TV is and LG TV and the app is Version 2020.11.16_3-02d1c87 4 10.0
So it seems its been updated pretty recently and is still not featuring video... baffling.

Thanks,  

Brian 

It pretty unbelievable that Spotify didn’t get their app on Apple TV up and running to stream video of joe rogan. They had plenty of time to get this ready. I am stunned at how stupid it was not to have this working on day one. I need to be able to watch Joe’s podcast on my tv, like I watched it on you tube. What the **bleep**. I have canceled my Spotify subscription until  this is fixed. Very unhappy with this situation. 

Just tested this on my Sony Android TV... Works like a charm. Well done Spotify!

The above poster that claims video works on Androidtv is a shill. I also own a Sony TV.

I have the latest version 1.40.0 on Android tv on a Sony TV and Nvidia Shield. video still does not work. Only audio

That account was created minutes ago just to post that lol

Likely a spotify employee. 

I'm still shocked this hasn't been resolved. 

All the apps should support video. 

How can a company spend 100 million for JRE content bt not deliver a way to view it? 

Spotify has had months to sort this out. 

Exactly right. Doesn't work on anything but my phone. Not my Amazon Echo or the Samsung TV. Occasionally on the Mac, it'**bleep** and miss. Resorted to watching on my phone. Spotify are completely useless. YouTube was SO easy!!!

Suggested posts