Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Nokia Lumia 520 data usage/playlists etc

Solved!

Nokia Lumia 520 data usage/playlists etc

All, I have a couple of problems with Spotify Premium that seem to be common on different phones.

I load a playlist from my PC over wifi, set spotify to off-line after tracks have transferred to the phone, I am unable to play, getting the message, "can't play this playlist!  This playlist is not available while in offline mode".   

So, if I set Spotify to on-line then after a few seconds I can now play music on my Nokia .  I noticed my data usage is staggeringly high due to spotify, but if I turn off my phone network connection, then no more music.  I would have thought off-line playing implied no network connection needed?  

I am guessing the points above are related.

This is very poor performance and suggests the software is not working properly.   

I will remove the software and reinstall, maybe that will make a difference.  

Would appreciate any help on this, thx - c

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just to confirm, you downloaded the tracks on your Windows Phone like outlined here?:
https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-offline

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Just to confirm, you downloaded the tracks on your Windows Phone like outlined here?:
https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-offline

Peter

Hi Peter, thx for reply.  Per your suggestion - I did exactly what you suggested, after having deleted spotify on my phone, reboot, and reinstall.  Downloaded via wifi the tracks I was interested in, turned off "available offline" on spotify on pc, and let the tracks load onto the phone overnight, via wifi.  It might be useful to stress that loading music onto the phone can take time.  Green spot with arrow showed all was ready.  Then I set spotify on the phone to offline mode, tried to play the tracks, and this time it worked.  I will power test later to-day.  IT will be interesting to see if there is data use via my cell network, with spotify set to offline.

Will revert with outcome later - c.

Cool! Let us know 🙂

Peter

Hi Peter, per your instuctions my data use via the cell network and my power-use of Spotify has been zero.  I think perhaps a line or two could be written into the FAQ's, stating that loading music onto a phone can take some time, depending on the quality of the wifi network.  Also, solid green arrow on phone to indicate music has been downloaded, and how to bulk select albums for off-line listening.

The Spotify interface for the Nokia Lumia could be updated [slow to respond]- under Settings, offline mode, - 'on'... this could be rewriten - perhaps active instead of 'on'?

So many thanks for your clear direction, feel free to take the weekend off! c.

Suggested posts