Not being able to edit

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Google Chrome OS

My Question or Issue

I have been trying to change my profile picture, but it won't give me a 'Change' option.  It also hasn't been giving me the option to change my playlist cover image. I don't know what to do, because I have looked for any possible solution and none has worked.  I need help, so please try and share this around for anyone else who might have this problem too.

Screenshot 2019-12-31 at 11.21.39 PM.png
Screenshot 2019-12-31 at 11.21.18 PM.png
3 Replies

Hi @Cheezitz,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out!

Considering the screenshot you shared with us, it looks like you're accessing your Spotify account through our Web Player

The issues you're experiencing stem from the fact that it's currently not possible to update your profile picture nor your playlists cover image while accessing your account through the Web Player.

The solution will be to download our desktop app here (you can pick the version depending on your device and operative system), log into your account and follow these steps:

• To update your profile picture
  1. Click on your username (top right corner)
  2. Move the mouse or track-pad pointer on to your profile picture (top left). You should see the option 'Change' on the bottom part of the picture as you do so
  3. Click on the picture
  4. Click on 'Change'
  5. Select and upload your new profile picture

• To update one of your playlists cover image
  1. Click on one of your playlists name from the 'PLAYLISTS' shelf (under the 'YOUR LIBRARY' shelf in the menu on the left side of the screen)
  2. Move the mouse or track-pad pointer on to the current playlist cover image. You should see a pencil-looking symbol and the option 'Edit image' on the bottom of the image as you do so
  3. Click on the pencil-looking symbol
  4. Once the 'Edit Playlist details' menu is open, click again on the playlist cover image
  5. Select and upload the new cover image for the playlist

Hope you'll find this useful. Keep us posted if we can help with anything else 🙂

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

try uploading an image that’s 128x128 pixels. if you’re not sure of your image size (or you need to resize it), you can check/edit your image size on a Windows based desktop computer/laptop using the Paint application (click the Home tab > Resize > Pixels). if you’re using a Mac based desktop computer/laptop, use the Paintbrush application.

Hey @Cheezitz,

Just popping in to double-check whether my suggestions turned out to be helpful 🙂

If that's the case, feel free to mark my post featuring them as a solution so that other users will quickly see it when looking for an answer to the same question.

Hope to hear from you again if you need any more help with Spotify in the future!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts