Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not receiving notifications of ANY new music by artists I follow

Solved!

Not receiving notifications of ANY new music by artists I follow

148 Replies

I'm following 1,849 artists on Spotify and haven't received any notifications of new content from artists for about a month now. I've been using Swarm.fm to keep up with new music but it's not ideal. Suddenly today I have 17 notifications on Spotify for newly released tracks/ albums! Hopefully that continues. 

Me too! I had two notifications for new albums (the two I was missing). But
they came only in spotify, not by email

Does anyone know if there are alternatives to swarm.fm? I got some notifications today in Spotify that didn't show on swarm and when I checked followed artists on swarm and compared to spotify, at least one wasn't on swarm. My conclution is that neither Spotify or Swarm shows all new releases from artists you follow. Swarm also shows a lot of stuff I don't follow which is bugging me.

MY PLAYLISTS
Transcend - The biggest, most uplifting and euphoric trance tunes. Updated regularly.
Progressive trance | big room, edm | dubstep, elecro, dnb | soundtrack, orchestrated | new age | pop | and more...

@miles_351

This Windows app may prove useful:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/companion-for-spotify/9nblggh5v1tt

There's an Android and iOS version coming soon.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Wow. Thanks for the suggestion, osornios! I finally got around to upgrading to windows 10 a few days ago and completely forgot about this.

I've only been using it for about 10 minutes, but it looks fantastic. There's so many more new releases showing here than on Spotify and Swarm.fm combined! The playlist generator looks neat too.

Cheers!

Edit:  Wow! New music releases for today: Spotify notifications: 4 - Swarm.fm: 14 -  Companion App: 72

I used to get notifications about new songs and new albums from artists I follow but this has disappeared from my account. I think it was an alarm/bell symbol but it is now gone. I have contacted support but I guess this is something that is temporarily lost

@ceruleanskies

The in-app notifications "bell" on Desktop has been officially turned off. Check this thread out:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/Removal-of-desktop-notifications/td-...

For the time being, the Spotify web app (the browser version) still has the notification bell and notifications, including all the old ones you haven't had a chance to listen to yet.

Please kudo this idea and post there about removal of desktop notifications:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Bring-back-Notifications-from-followed-Artists/i...

osorniosSpotify Star

Thanks @osornios that is really helpful and I will do that

I have not received an artist update since 6/30/16. I am following over 2000 artists.

Based on the amount of artists I’m following it would be unlikely none have had any new material released in seven days.” apperantly customer services doesnt read their emails or give the correct answer. It would be a loss to anyone using Spotify, a loss for the artists and a loss to Spotify itself. If Spotify has done away with artists alerts I would have to start the process of looking for a service to switch to. I won’t be the only one. 

Check the number of artists you are following. I have and it appears Spotify eliminated over fifty percent of them. I'm investigating this but if true they are editing user content without notice. 

@2020star

For the time being, the Spotify web app (the browser version) still has the notification bell and notifications, including all the old ones you haven't had a chance to listen to yet.

Please vote for this idea and post there you'd like desktop notifications back:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Bring-back-Notifications-from-followed-Artists/i...

I'd recommend for you to take a look at these apps too:

swarm.fm

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/companion-for-spotify/9nblggh5v1tt

It's also available as an Android app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mlpsoftwarellc.companionforspotify

osorniosSpotify Star

I have never received one single notification about anything, neither mail nor in-app notifications (iOS). I only follow a handful artists. The first post in this thread by meredith says "let us know this and that etc., etc.", but there is no contact info. Where do i send this info for troubleshooting?

Hey @DAFRA

Please post (and vote) in this thread if you'd like artists notifications back.

osorniosSpotify Star

Thanks osornios! Done.

1. The artist/ album/ song just released. 

I haven't received any notifications for any artist.

2. Where you expected the notification (in the app, via email).

In app

3. Did the notification arriving late or simply never arrive?

Never arrived.  

4. How many people/ artists are you following? 

Following 63 musicians

5. How many notifications do you get per day on average?

It use to be 1 or 2 every few weeks

1. The artist/ album/ song just released. I do not have notifications to know this.

2. Where you expected the notification (in the app, via email). on computer app

3. Did the notification arriving late or simply never arrive?  never

4. How many people/ artists are you following? 150

5. How many notifications do you get per day on average?  1-5

1. The artist/ album/ song just released:

Allmost all releases of all artists I'm following, very recently Tarja, Metallica, Alter Bridge, Opeth, Pain of Salvation, Sonata Arctica, ...

Both in my app inbox and as email

They never arrive

Approx. 60

Sorry I'm not being specific, but I haven't received a notification in months. It no longer tells me when anything is released by artists that I follow. The icon has even disappeared. I can't click on anything to find even old notifications. Thought it might pass eventually. What's the deal? 

Hey @bennybenton,

The in-app notifications "bell" on Desktop has been officially turned off. Check this thread out for the official response.

Please vote for this idea and post there you'd like desktop notifications back. You should post there if you want to be in the loop of further developments.

I'd recommend for you to take a look at these apps too:

swarm.fm

Companion for Spotify, which is also available as an Android app.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

1. The artist/ album/ song just released.
Porter Robinson - Shelter
In the app and via email.
Never arrive.
0, about 1 or 2 per week.

Thanks!
- jer16821

Suggested posts