Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline mode WP8

Offline mode WP8

I just purchased the premium package in order to use spotify specifically for offline use on my WP8 phone.  I am having a hard time finding now to download albums/tracks to my WP8 phone for use in offline mode. 

Currently I am online and search for an album.  I find what I am looking for and select "add to playlist"  I then go to a playlist section and click the button for download.  Then I click on the album and move the slider to "Download: Yes".  Then I go into the setting and move the slider to Offline mode: On. 

Now, when I go back to playlist and click on the album/track it says "Can't play this track! The track is not available in offline mode"

What am I doing wrong/missing here?

Thanks everyone!

5 Replies

Have you given the track time to download to your device? Is downloading on 3G enabled?

Liam

Yes, as we speak I am on 3G in online mode staring at the playlist screen where all the tracks within the playlist are greyed out.  They all do have a small grey arrow pointing down next to them, but I see no type of status indicating that the tracks are downloading. 

I just downloaded some tracks from the desktop client which was very easy, but I just can't figure it out/get it to work on my WP8 cilent. 😞

@HNayl wrote:

Yes, as we speak I am on 3G in online mode staring at the playlist screen where all the tracks within the playlist are greyed out.  They all do have a small grey arrow pointing down next to them, but I see no type of status indicating that the tracks are downloading. 

I just downloaded some tracks from the desktop client which was very easy, but I just can't figure it out/get it to work on my WP8 cilent. 😞

Is the app in offline mode? If so, the tracks won't download.

Liam

LiamW,

I am having the same problem. The Gray Arrow is indicated next t songd but they are not downloading.

I am connected to WiFi so my playlists should sync correct? I do not want to Sync over 3G because I do not want to use data to sync playlists.

Do you have plenty of free storage space on your phone (bearing in mind Spotify can't use space on SD cards)? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts