Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

One song stuck in playlist

Solved!

One song stuck in playlist

Spoiler

A song is permanantly stuck in my playlist even though I have deleted it. It isn't in my playlist on my personal account, but when I share the link to the playlist, the song remains there for others to see as the first song everytime.

Sometimes, when my playlist is on shuffle, it plays even though it doesn't appear in the queue. And annoyingly, it's Chris Rea's Driving Home for Christmas!!!!!

How can this song be deleted permanantly from this playlist?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've solved it.

Interestingly, althougth the song did not show up on either my Android phone or my iPad app, it did show up on my PC client therefore, for the following solution to work, you will need to be working on your desktop client (not the web version).

The thought occured to me when I remembered that you can copy a playlist to your own client by copying and pasting.

Here's how I fixed it for future reference.

• Delete the offending song from the playlist
  • Copy the URI of the offending playlist
  • Create a new post (you won't actually need to post it)
  • Add the URI to the post
  • In the Spotify client, delete the offending playlist
  • Copy the URI from your dummy post
  • Paste the URI in the search window of the Spotify client and hit search.
  • Voila, your playlist is returned in all it's intended glory without the offending song!
  • Don't forget to cancel your dummy post!

You'll notice that my original posting of the playlist URI is now missing the offending song!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @Jayb72!

Hmm, that's not cool! Do you mind sharing the playlist URI? I'd love to take a closer look.

Thanks, have a great day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

spotify:user:1149055619:playlist:2BmCGde67H50XwqSF3gWox

URI added as requested. You'll see that the top song is the one in question. It's weird because it was never on this playlist in the first place (it was never on any playlist because it's a terrible song IMO)!

Marked as solution

I've solved it.

Interestingly, althougth the song did not show up on either my Android phone or my iPad app, it did show up on my PC client therefore, for the following solution to work, you will need to be working on your desktop client (not the web version).

The thought occured to me when I remembered that you can copy a playlist to your own client by copying and pasting.

Here's how I fixed it for future reference.

• Delete the offending song from the playlist
  • Copy the URI of the offending playlist
  • Create a new post (you won't actually need to post it)
  • Add the URI to the post
  • In the Spotify client, delete the offending playlist
  • Copy the URI from your dummy post
  • Paste the URI in the search window of the Spotify client and hit search.
  • Voila, your playlist is returned in all it's intended glory without the offending song!
  • Don't forget to cancel your dummy post!

You'll notice that my original posting of the playlist URI is now missing the offending song!

Suggested posts