Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Onkyo Issues

Onkyo Issues

Because there seems to be no way to ask a question of Spotify.   Here is my question that is totally unrelated to TWIT-er

I am attempting to connect to Spotify via the internal menu's  of my Onkyo receiver.  Name and password are correct but I keep getting

a response of    ERROR.  How do I Log in on my receiver?

4 Replies

Hey! 🙂 

I have just moved your post into its own topic here to continue support. 

Do you normally log into Spotify using Facebook, if so you need to follow the instructions here to retrieve your spotify username and set a device password to use on your Onkyo.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Peter,

I tried to go that route and when I entered in the email I used to create the account it said that I used my FB account when I set up the account and that I had to reset the password on my FB account, which is not what I needed to do.  I know my FB password.  The problem is that you can't use a Spotify account that was set up with FB creds to connect to an Onkyo device per Spotify's own KB - https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/connect-devices - "(it’s unfortunately not possible to use Facebook credentials)" and there doesn't seem to be a way for me to create a Spotfy account using my email address because when I do, it states it's already being used (yes for the account I initially set up and tied to my FB creds) and to set up a new one, Spotify wants me to go through the whole process again and create a new account and seemingly pay for another premium account, when the FB creds and what I thought were my Spotify creds were supposed to be tied together.   I'm sure that somewhere in the process of doing this, I must have missed some checkbox or something or other, but there should be some warning somewhere that if you set up an account with FB creds, you will be unable to then use your account on any stereo devices, as most of us are probably setting things up on our computers and would like to have one less account and password to try and keep track of.  In any case, I'm waiting for their support team to get back to me.

cheers,

Colleen

Hey Colleen 🙂 

You shouldn't need to create a new account, that FAQ you reference is correct, you can not authenticate with Facebook credentials on an Onkyo system, however if you follow the steps you can retrieve your numerical Spotify username and set a special device password which will allow you to login to that account on Onkyo, without Facebook authentication. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi

Really stuck.. I have a premium account with email x, I also have a free account with Facebook.  I can connect with username and password on every device except my receiver (onkyo) with premium. Please help

Suggested posts