Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Onkyo NR616

Solved!

Onkyo NR616

Hi! Just got an Onkyo NR616 reciever. The Spotify integration was one of the main reasons for my purchase. I have just updated it to the last available firmware. I have connected it to the internet. I go to the Spotify App on the Reciever, but when i put in my spotify login info (very sure i am typing correct, tried 20 times) the login fails with this message: login error. please check your account information. 

I need help on this one. I have tried to find the answer in several other threads of the forum, other forums etc. but still dont have a solution. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@eagleswing wrote:

I seem to have premium on everything. It still wont let me log into Spotify on my reciver, I used the 10 digit username and my fb password. I was wondering if that maybe my issue? I simply signed in with facebook on my phone and tablet but there is no option for that on the onkyo. Is there anyway to change my password for spotify, without using Facebook?

If you normally log in using Facebook, you need to retrieve your Spotify username (which I am guessing you have already done) and set your Spotify device password from this page.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

44 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Do you normally log in using your Facebook details (email address and password)? 

If so, you need to retrieve your device password and Spotify username to use on your device. 

Peter

Peter

No. I usually log on with just my user name, and my pasword. Anyhow i don't remember using facebook login info when creating my spotify account.

Anyone ? 

You need to get a different user ID & PW for your Onkyo device.  Click on the the link provided by the other community member in this thread, and I think you'll see what needs to be done.  Hope this helps.

I tried that, but when i follow the link and pressing the 'get device password' button, i keep getting directed to the 'edit your profile' page.

Do you see the link for "Set a password for your devices" on the "Edit Your Profile" page?  (In the "Use Spotify on your devices" section)  That link should take you to a page where you'll see the ID to use on the device, and allow you to send an email to reset the password for the ID.  The link in the email will take you to a page to perform the password reset.

I cant find no such section 😞 its only like personal info and stuff.

Are you subscribed to Spotify premium?

@RiggerJon wrote:

Do you see the link for "Set a password for your devices" on the "Edit Your Profile" page?  (In the "Use Spotify on your devices" section)  That link should take you to a page where you'll see the ID to use on the device, and allow you to send an email to reset the password for the ID.  The link in the email will take you to a page to perform the password reset.

You should only need to do this if you sign in using Facebook normally. As the OP stated earlier, they already have a dedicated username and password for Spotify. 

Reading back over this topic, I forgot to ask if you had a Premium subscription or not (as above)?

Peter

Peter

Yes, i have a premium subscription. And yes, i have always logged in with spotify details, not with facebook. Still cant login with my Onkyo avr. Frustrating!

I will see if I can get a member of the community team's input on this. 

Peter

Peter

I seem to be having the same issue on the Onkyo 609. I signed up for premium a few hours ago and I still cant log into my reciever which was my main reason for purchasing the subscription.

@eagleswing wrote:

I seem to be having the same issue on the Onkyo 609. I signed up for premium a few hours ago and I still cant log into my reciever which was my main reason for purchasing the subscription.

Hey 🙂 

From the amount of posts on the community tonight, it appears there is a delay between accounts being upgraded and those subscriptions being recognised on your devices. Fingers crossed it is just a temporary slowdown and things will return to normal soon. Keep try logging out and back in again. 

If you wish to get in touch with customer services, you can do so directly using the online contact form.

Peter

Peter

@Hammeh wrote:

@eagleswing wrote:

Hey 🙂 

From the amount of posts on the community tonight, it appears there is a delay between accounts being upgraded and those subscriptions being recognised on your devices. Fingers crossed it is just a temporary slowdown and things will return to normal soon. Keep try logging out and back in again. 

If you wish to get in touch with customer services, you can do so directly using the online contact form.

Peter

Thanks  for the response. I assumed that was why, the only thing that seems to say I have premium is my pc.

Is it all working today?

Peter

Peter

Should it work now? I will try when i get home in two hours.

Just worth a check since the problems from yesterday seem to be sorted. 

If you are still having issues, just post back here I will chase up some Spotify staff help for you. 

Peter

Peter

I have had the same problems ever since i got my reciever, almost 2 weeks ago. Not just yesterday. Will still try today.

Hey again 🙂 

Just been talking to the Spotify community team about this for you. Do you have any non alpha-numerical characters in their username or password? 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts