Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Onkyo problems

Solved!

Onkyo problems

Since weeks I am unable to use Spotify on my Onkyo reciever (709). The issue is that I can login, but all my playlists are empty.

In the past a (some) factory reset(s) helped, but not anymore. There seem to be multiple people  with this problem as can be read on:

https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/onkyo_spotify_problem

https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/playlists_empty_using_onkyo_709_receiver_app

https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/onkyo_receivers_not_playing_spotify

I contacted Onkyo support some time ago and they pointed to Spotify (although I think the problem is in the Onkyo).

Recently the Onlyo support does not even respond anymore.

Perhaps someone at Spotify can poke the Onkyo people?

109 Replies

This is the error message: 

"Login error. Please check account information for help with your password"

I attempt to login using the Spotify username. I am using the free version, thank goodness.

Thanks for the reply.

That will be why it's not working. You need Spotify Premium to use Spotify on Onkyo and any other partner devices.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ok, great I will sign up today.

Many thanks

I signed up for a Premium account, and received confirmation.  However, I'm still getting the same error message, "Login error. Please check account information for help with your password".  

Interesting that I cannot connect to several of the other apps, such as Pandora, which would naturally indicate I have no internet connection, however, I can connect to "DLNA" and view my playlist on Directv, and I can connect to Rhapsody.

Are you behind a firewall?

Peter

I am, but it works fine on my computer, it just will not work  through my AVR NR727.

I'm having the same problem. I log in my iPhone and computer, but on Onkyo don't work.

I'm using another radio station on Onkyo without problem.

Do you have Spotify Premium?

Peter

I have the same problem on my onkyo tn nr 616. It worked fine, but since one week i can not connect to the spotify. I have premium account.

@Tomi752 - What error message do you get?

Peter

Now it works. I dont know what can be the problem. The internet connection works fine, because i can connect with the onkyo app, but spotify and online radios dont work sometimes.

Hi,
Does the 636 support Connect?

All of the information I can find say "Will be added in a firmware update later in the year."

Peter

I too am having troubles.  Premium account for sure.  Spotify was working for a month and now Ican't log into it from my Onkyo.  I can get to media share on my PC, so connectivity is not suspect.  I have a static IP address which helps make teh conection quicker than DHCP.

Well i just pulled the power cord out of th eOnkyo and pressed the power button.  tehn I plugged in the onkyo and it "initialized" when I selected "Net".  I selected spotify and it worked this time!   Yeah.

I also cannot log in on my new Onkyo receiver! Has anyone figured it out?? I use Facebook to log in on my phone and computer but obviously don't have that option on the receiver. But even when I use the same email and password for Facebook, it says something is incorrect. Very frustrating!!

@Shellybelly 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I pulled to electrical cord out of the receptacle, and then pressed the power on the Onkyo for 5 seconds.  This will drain any capacitors that may be holding a password in memory.  Next I plugged the receiver back in and started over with the spotify site.  This worked for me and I still have to do it each time the power goes out in the house.
I do not log into spotify with a facebook account.
Spotify told me that Onkyo has developed their own Spotify interface so you have to contact Onkyo for support with spotify. 
I hope this helps you

For me was enough the reset.

On my Onkyo 626, using the Connect Utility, Stream starts fine, but after few seconds it begins to stutter and i have glichy audio which gets worse over the time. Connect works fine, so the issue might be somewhere else.

Any Ideas?

Suggested posts