Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Onkyo stopped synchronising playlists after new router installed

Solved!

Onkyo stopped synchronising playlists after new router installed

Hi,

I've just had fibre installed and now the playlists on my onkyo have stopped synchronising. I checked the new router and I have the following entry there for upnp which is the IP of my laptop that I would usually use to syncronise my android devices against.

1 Spotify 192.168.1.4 43951 43951 TCP

I've got 2 android devices and another desktop which I'd also keep synchronised.

Any help appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

In the end I noticed that 2 of the playlist folders seemed to be broken and their contents listed in the root folder so the sync actually was happening but the playlists weren't going into their folders and any new playlists I added were also going into the root folder and wouldn't move into a playlist folder on the onkyo even when they were moved there in my other spotify player.

I created 2 new playlist folders and moved the playlists that were in the broken folers into them and that seems to have fixed the issue.

It just looks like the onkyo application is flaky as hell.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Does the router have firewall? You need to make sure post 4070 is open normally for Spotify.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

It does have a firewall but I've tried disabling it and still there is no update of my playlists. Since I can still search and listen I assume it's not a firewall issue. As a matter of interest what type of packets is it sending on port 4070? Is it UDP?

Anything else that could be causing this? I assume the sync happens from a spotify server so it seems strange that all my devices are working except this one.

I suspect the router might be  red herring. Are there any limits in the premium account? I only have about 30 playlists and only a few of them downloaded to my 4 devices. There is no download option in the onkyo.

Shouldn't be, but the Onkyo app will be written on top of libspotify which is different to the main Spotify apps.

Not sure if its TCP or UDP either, but if its disabled then that rules that out. You shouldn't be hitting any Premium account limits either.

Is it possible to remove and re-add Spotify on the Onkyo?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

If you have UPnP enabled, you shouldn't need to mess about with opening or forwarding ports. As well as firewalls, are you running any  antivirus or other security programmes on the PC? If so, does disabling them make any difference? If you are using Windows, check that your network is shown as a home and not a public network.

I've checked all firewalls etc. It's strange because all my other devices are synched. When I move an album into a folder on my laptop it shows as moved across all my devices except the onkyo which is still showing the playlists in the order I had them set up in last week and none of the newly added playlists showing either yet I can still search and play on the onkyo so I'm sure the network connection is ok.

There is no reinstall for spotify on the onkyo but I might try reset factory defaults on it and see if that has any impact.

The network is a work network so should be fine.

Marked as solution

In the end I noticed that 2 of the playlist folders seemed to be broken and their contents listed in the root folder so the sync actually was happening but the playlists weren't going into their folders and any new playlists I added were also going into the root folder and wouldn't move into a playlist folder on the onkyo even when they were moved there in my other spotify player.

I created 2 new playlist folders and moved the playlists that were in the broken folers into them and that seems to have fixed the issue.

It just looks like the onkyo application is flaky as hell.

Suggested posts