Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Oooops, something went wrong with the playback RELOAD Issue

Solved!

Oooops, something went wrong with the playback RELOAD Issue

Hi, its Dante!

ive been doing spotify for a long while now! its just, starting 5 or more days ago, everytime i try to listen to music it just stays still and doesnt do anything. i try to reload, but then this pops up:

Oooops, something went wrong with the playback. RELOAD x

i need some SERIOUS help with this problem! please let me know if it is fixed and my computer is being a A-jack, or my computers good and the issue is still being a Fubbernucker. email me or reply to me at *******@icloud.com

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

Dante Ozon

54 Replies

I'm having the same issue and this was escalated into open issues/unresolved issues.

I've not found a way to get Chrome with the most recent Flash update to work in its native environment.

It works on my home PC

Windows 10

Google Chome 56.0.2924.87

Flash version 24.0.0.221

Firefox 52 with Flash 24.0.0.221 will give Oooops

What version of Firefox are you using? I found a fix for this. The web player uses WideVine instead of Flash to play audio, and there is no WideVine plugin for Chromium based Linux Browsers. So this means no Opera or Vivaldi for Linux.

The good news is that Firefox 49 and up has it and plays the Web Player fine. So if you have Firefox, make sure it's at the latest version (version 51) and make sure that DRM is enabled. You see that grey circle next to the "i" symbol in your address bar. Click it and enable DRM. It will take a while for it to install the component, but it should work.

Your Firefox may play it just fine but my version 51.0.1 does not. I do see an i symbol that adds a gray circle around the i when I roll over it. When I click it I do not have an option to turn on or off DRM.

The web player was working fine until this awful new layout with less features appeared.

Firefox 52 seems more consistent than 51 is, so try upgrading it.

Same issue worked the day before the new layout happened and now this error happens, Flash was the 1st thing I updated , I turned off all Addons on my Waterfox (its Firefox) I have the lastest verson of everything. Please fix this.. I 'd rather not be forced to download an App. For my windows 10 .

I have the same problem flash 24 is up to date. It started a few days ago and not it's permanent no matter how many times I hit Reload.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Chrome-56-Broken-Web-Player/idi-p/1602198

Firefox has consistent issues with DRM, and I've been unable to load the new player no matter what I do. Chrome //sometimes// works, though the latest (51) has been extremely hit and miss. On two computers, it hasn't worked. On this one, it has. Settings are identical. 

im getting fed up with the fact that im giving you guys money, and cant even use it! **bleep**ing joke!

Well, I got the old design back like a week or two ago and it worked. Can you believe it - IT WORKED!

I opened up play.spotify.com two days ago and the new design is back and it doesn't play music. The main feature is gone again. Woo-hoo, good design without the player. Enjoying some good playlists in silence.

If you're using Chrome or Firefox, install a user agent changing extension and change it to Internet Explorer 10.

They are only giving IE users the old version of the interface that actually works.

What fools at Spotify, at least give people the option to revert to the old interface when the new one fails. It fails for me every single time on Chrome.

The problem just came back again!

After rebooting my PC it works again.

I have the same problem with the new web Spotify interface (open.spotify.com) on Chromium 57.0.2987.98 and Ubuntu 16.04. Flash is up to date (version 25,0,0,127).

Interestingly, it seems to work fine on Firefox 52.0.2.

It is still pretty annoying to have to change between browsers, though.

Hi, I'm having this same issue with Google Chrome.

I tried Internet Explorer and it's working fine. Give it a try while they figure it out with Chrome:

Internet Explorer 11
Version: 11.0.9600.18618

Cheers...

Same issue here... 

Flash Version: 24.0.0.186
Browser: Chromium
Operating System: Linux Mint

This is the only place giving me flash errors. I should note that I have an ad block on though.

Marked as solution

Hallo,

I found the solution! I had the same problem with 'Ooops...' [Linux Ubuntu 12.04, Firefox 52.0.2], I upgraded Firefox & Flash, but it didn't work. What worked for me was enabling libavcodec in Firefox. Type about:config in the address bar, click "I accept the risk", search libavcodec and then change media.libavcodec.allow-obsolete  false to true.

Hope it will be useful at least for some of you. Good luck!

Martyna

Ok, i've tried your solution, but no sound.

But, i've also noticed that i hasn't libavcodec in my fedora 25.

So i installed it (dnf install gstreamer1-libav). Restarted firefox and voila!

not helpful chief

Why not?

Suggested posts