Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Optionally stream podcast video with data saver

Optionally stream podcast video with data saver

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 14.6

My Question or Issue

Hi!

I’m downloading my podcasts without video via the data saver setting but would like to have them showing or rather streaming when I’m on a WiFi.

I have only 64GB internal storage but tons of podcasts I’m regularly listening to wherever I go but due to the limited storage on my device and mobile data plan I could only watch the videos when I’m home and connected over a WiFi.

Is it possible to (optionally) stream the video of a downloaded podcast even though I selected the data saver setting to download podcast audio only?

When I delete a podcast locally and start it again, the video (and audio of course) starts streaming but this is a rather inconvenient way of handling this.

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply

Hi there @Annyx,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

It isn't possible to watch video of downloaded podcasts, if you have the option Audio-only podcasts enabled in your app settings. 

We always strive to improve our app and the experience and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right team.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts