Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Other premium plan's music on different network

Other premium plan's music on different network

When listening to music on my phone (on a mobile network and not connected to WiFi), my audio stream is interrupted.  My phone shows a song that another family member is playing at home (on the home WiFi network via Spotify Connect or Google Home).  I'm on the premium plan and this should not happen.  

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Samsung S10

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

5 Replies

Hi @clank1 

Single Spotify account cannot be used simultaneously on two different places even if it is a premium account. If your family member uses your account to play something it will interrupt your stream. In that case, you need a separate account for the family member if you want to listen at the same time. I would suggest upgrading to Spotify Family subscription because it will be cheaper than paying for two separate accounts and you will even have space for more accounts if needed.

Hope that helps.

We're on Spotify Family already.  This still happens. 

Can you confirm your Google Home is using the other family member account and not yours ?

Yes. They're using their own account.

Hey there @clank1,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

It sounds like your Spotify account was linked to your family member's Google Home device.

In this case, you can ask your family member to follow the steps below on their Google Home app to make sure your Spotify account is unlinked:

1. In the Google Home app, tap the menu in the top-left corner.
  2. Tap Account preferences, then Linked media accounts.
  3. Select Spotify and tap Unlink Account.

Once they've done this, they can follow the steps below to connect their own Spotify account:

1. In the Google Home app, tap the menu in the top-left corner.
  2. Tap Account preferences, then Linked media accounts.
  3. Select Spotify and tap Link Account, then Log in to Spotify.
    Note: If they're already logged in a Spotify account, they can double check they're accessing their own account during this process. If they see another account, they can click on Not You? and log in using their own account's details.
  4. Tap OKAY to confirm.

If you're still having troubles after this, you can also make sure you have Voice Match activated on each of your accounts. You can find more instructions on doing this from your device's manufacturer.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts