Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Over 40% of my playlist is unplayable - this represents 141 different artists!

Over 40% of my playlist is unplayable - this represents 141 different artists!

Plan - Premium 

Country - USA 

Device - iPhone and Chrome browser on Macbook air

Operating System - iOS and Mac OS Catalina

I have a playlist I've been creating over the last 10 years. It has 25 hours of music on it, and  141 out of 337  (over 40%) of the songs have become unplayable. That is 141 different artists! I know that sometimes songs become unplayable because Spotify lost rights, but how is it possible that Spotify lost licensing rights to so many artists across so many genres!   There must be some other explanation.  In fact, I just searched on one fo the songs, found it, and then added it to my playlist once more and it is now showing as playable. This leads me to think there's some other issue going on. 

- Do I have to search for each song and re-add it?

- Why did songs that are still available on Spotify become unavailable to my playlist? 

Please help! 

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 8.47.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 8.46.58 PM.png
1 Reply

Hey @msmohit,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

For what you're describing it sounds like those unplayable songs were added to the playlist as Local files. If you still have those files in your computer, you can import them and sync them again by following these steps, or if the songs are available in Spotify, you can search for each song and add them to the playlist directly from the Spotify's catalogue.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts