Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[PC] Stuck on "Redirecting to browser to complete login" loop.

[PC] Stuck on "Redirecting to browser to complete login" loop.

Plan

Free/Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify for Windows 10 was working fine since installing it last month until today when I opened it and was prompted to log in. I clicked the "Log In" button, got directed to my browser, clicked "Continue To The App", get the "Authentication Complete" page, but nothing happened on the Spotify app. It remained on the "Redirecting to browser to complete login" message until I get a "Login timed out" message which then prompted me to log in again.

I have already tried the following:
- Restarting my computer
- Logging off then logging in again
- Using a different browser
- Uninstalling Spotify + deleting LocalApp files, downloading the Spotify installer from the website again, then performing a new clean install of Spotify for Windows 10

Oddly enough, I can see everything just fine on the Web Player. It's only the Windows App that keeps me stuck in a log in loop.

1 Reply

Hi there @andy-11,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

We understand you already tried reinstalling the app, but can you make sure to follow all the steps in this guide? Also, try downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

If the issue persists, could you try using a different connection, like a mobile hotspot?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts