Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PS4 Can't Find Spotify App

Solved!

PS4 Can't Find Spotify App

I've been trying to access Spotify on my PS4 to listen to music while gaming, but it tells me to "Download Spotify." When I click on it, it takes me to the PS Store, but then it says "Start." After I click on "Start," a message pops up that says it cannot find the app, please check in PlayStation Store.

Please help me.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Found this on reddit and it fixed my problem... 

It was an issue with the extended hard drive, I figured I’d try disconnecting the extended and try and download the app directly to the PlayStation and it worked. On plugging the extended hard drive back in the PS4 prompted me to choose where to delete the extra Spotify application from (since it was on both I just deleted it from the extended hard drive). Hope this helps anyone in the future. 👍🏻

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey @Spurs48421 Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound cool.

Are you sure that you've installed the latest update on your Playstation?

And be sure to reboot your Playstation to see if that fixes your issue. 

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

I believe I updated spotify, but it does in my library that it's
downloading, but it says I have the ability to start the app. Idk what to
do.

@Spurs4842

I'm sorry, I meant the latest version of your Playstation firmware.

And in which country are you currently located?

Peace

United States

@Spurs4842

Could you take a screenshot of the error message if possible?

Thanks! ^^

Peace

Mines been doing this for months how do I resolve this?

Marked as solution

Found this on reddit and it fixed my problem... 

It was an issue with the extended hard drive, I figured I’d try disconnecting the extended and try and download the app directly to the PlayStation and it worked. On plugging the extended hard drive back in the PS4 prompted me to choose where to delete the extra Spotify application from (since it was on both I just deleted it from the extended hard drive). Hope this helps anyone in the future. 👍🏻

thank you so much i was so sad but now its fixed 

Thank you thank you thank you. . it was extended hard drive after rebuilding database. Thought I lost spotify on my ps4 pro forever.. Thanks again

Suggested posts