Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PS4 Shuffle not working

Solved!

PS4 Shuffle not working

First off, I just started using Spotify with my PS4 and I LOVE it.

One problem, a big one at that, is the shuffle feature. It only mixes maybe 20 out of the 2k songs I have in my playlist. Is this a 'free' restritction? Anyway to fix this?

Not having all my songs blend makes the app extremely gimped when compared to Music Unlimited or USB music.

39 Replies

You guys aren't doing a good job about it. Sony Music was 10x better but for some reason it was replaced by your terrible excuse for music streaming.

Same problem here, over 1000 songs and it only shuffles around 20 songs at the beginning of playlist, and then stops! Lol, pathetic. You can use your phone, which helps but that's not a fix for the issue. Non of this crap is cheap either so please fix it. Ongoing issue.

This is joke!!

This shuffle bug has been around since the month of march, and no update fix yet!??

What is happening?

And this is not the only problem. For instance, it's very frustrating that you have to log off PSN almost every time to be able to log in to Spotify.

This is still an ongoing issue.  I put my Samsung Galaxy S6 in my car for a long trip this last week.  I set up Spotify on shuffle and let it run.  It shuffled songs for about 4 hours, then started repeating songs.  There were songs in my 1000-song playlist that it never got to.  The only way to access them was to manually choose a song outside the subset that Spotify was shuffling and that seems to force Spotify into choosing a new subset of songs to shuffle.  Is there any way we could get this bug fixed?  It's very annoying.

Will somebody fix that issue already? Sony sold 30 millions of PS4 isn't that enough people to do something with problems like that...

Start taking care of your customers @!#$%#@%^

Tip: use your phone or pc to stream to your PS4. This way you won't have this problem.

It still only plays 20 songs at a time before you have to restart it to play a different set, which means having to stop online gaming. It plays the same set of songs over and over. I heard the same song in my playlist everyday even though I have over 1000 songs. It's broken and Spotify won't even address it. Terrible service. It's making me sick of songs in my playlist because I'm hearing the same ones every day.

@Timoovertoom wrote:
Tip: use your phone or pc to stream to your PS4. This way you won't have this problem.

It is still workaround not a problem solver.

Streaming to the PS4 using Spotify Connect does not solve the problem.  Even while streaming from my tablet the PS4 will stream about 40 songs then just either quit streaming, jump to the top of my playlist and stop or lose connection with the tablet.

I've had this problem as well as playlists not loading completely. I'll be in the actual app scrolling through a playlist that's suppose to have 100-200 songs and sometimes it won't load the entire playlist. Another problem I've had that bothers me the most is that when I'm listening to music and an ad comes on it skips the song that was suppose to play next! It seems to be related to how many ads there are. It almost always plays two ads back to back and ends up skipping two songs! Even when I'm in the app with nothing else going on it does this. I don't know what that last update we got was suppose to fix, but I can't tell the difference. Please fix the song skipping!

I kind of have a similar problem. When I use the shuffle most of the songs just keep skipping to the next track then it plays like 1 of 6 or 7. After that song finishes then it does the same thing. Posting for feedback consideration.

Still waiting for a fix in the shuffle mode...

Almost a year and a half later, this issue persists, making Spotify useless on the PS4, as it can't even perform its most basic purpose.

Spotify are you serious?!?!?! People have been complaining about this for over a year and you guys dont say a thing?!?!?!?

Easiet workaround I've found is to start playing your shuffled playlist in the desktop app, then use the "connect to a device" feature to start playing on your PS4.  All of my playlists fully load, even one I have with 1000+ songs.

This happens to me as well. I'm stuck using the Roku channel, which is even more limited in features, but at least it shuffles well.

I've got about 4,700 tracks in my playlist and it plays a selection of tracks from a very limited selection of about 3 artists. Given what it plays, it very well may be the earliest tracks I added to my playlist.

You should use your Phone or pc to play to your ps4, than you will not have
this problem.

Good luck

Thanks. Any idea if it works from mobile?

Yes, it also works if you use your mobilephone. But it may lose the
connection sometimes. If this happens just play a song from your phone to
yhe ps4 and it wil all work again.
Marked as solution

With one of the last updates that integrates your playlists into your ps4 it seems to play more songs now. The new problem is that it likes to lock up when it gets to playing ads. The last update seemed like it was suppose to fix this very issue, but it didn't to do a darn thing for me. Music plays fine, then it gets to the ads, sometimes it will lag/skip during the ads, then it locks up. To fix it I minimize the game I'm playing, open the Spotify app, and close it down so I can restart it. If I don't open it my ps4 won't give me the option to shut it down. I've tried doing a full restart of my system and it still happens.....a lot.

Suggested posts