[PS4] Some playlists not loading in quick menu

Plan

Premium

Country

U.S.A.

Device

(PlayStation 4 2014 release)

My Question or Issue

When I try to play a playlist on Spotify through the PlayStation quick menu, it says “Cannot obtain playlist”. I click to refresh and then it says “An error has occurred (WS-45632-0)”. It doesn’t do this for every playlist and it doesn’t go away for the bugged ones,  it’s always the same playlists regardless of if I’m in a game or not and the issue can be added to new playlists as well (not all).  the only way for the bugged ones to work is connecting my phone’s Spotify to the ps4 and pressing play there. I’ve checked to see if it’s up to date (which it is), and then deleted it and reinstalled cause it still wasn’t/isn’t working.

I’m wondering if this is a PlayStation issue or a Spotify issue.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
31 Replies

Hey @_kyliearagon,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you try to copy the contents of the affected playlist to a new one and see how this goes?

We'd also need the Spotify version installed on your PS4 together  with the firmware version of the PS4.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Marked as solution

Is the playlist private? If so then try making it public then try again

**bleep** FINALLY IT WORKED THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Thank you so much. Its stupid why I cant play private playlist even though I logged in on my spotify account on ps4 😕

I cant believe that after all this time having this error, the fix was making the playlist public. Thank you!

I finally fixed the issue. I saw a Spotify moderator say to copy all the songs to another playlist, so I used an app called “SongShift” to do exactly that, and it worked! But another issue came up, whenever I tried playing a playlist from the same screen again it started staying something like “Playback had stopped”. I tried opening the Spotify app and I now had to login everytime I opened it. So I unlinked Spotify from PlayStation and redownloaded the app and it started working again. If you want to resolve the issue from the thread, copy your songs from that playlist to another new playlist, if you have a lot of songs in that playlist I’d recommend using “SongShift”.

I had started getting the issue again after the update, saw this and noticed a playlist of mine that wasn’t working was private. I made it public, went back to the playlist in the quick menu, and it was working. Thank you! I’m gonna go through and see if it’s all of my private playlists that aren’t working.

Edit: It is all of my private playlists. I have to make them public and let the playlist load in the quick menu for them tok load. They still work when I turn it back to private, however, they don't work if I don’t let the playlist load in the quick menu before turning it back to private.

Hey @10k,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We're glad that the workaround you mentioned is working well. We appreciate the time you took following the troubleshooting steps and sharing what works for you. Hopefully, other users will fix the issue by following your process. 

However, we'll keep investigating this further to resolve it for all users, in private or public playlists. Remember to always keep your app updated. 

In case you have any additional questions or anything else that comes up, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

After all of the suggestions I found a “workaround” 

if you still see songs in your playlist that are not yours, stroll down by holding the direction button down until it quickly strolls - then stop -  

it should refresh with your original songs in your playlist. 

YESSSSSSSSS THANK YOU I did what you said and it worked now I can listen to Jpop while playing OW2 thank you soooo much you're amazing👍 ❤❤❤

Hey everyone, I have had this problem too and the issue seems to be the playlist being private, as soon as I made it public it worked fine for me.

Best solution: get on Spotify on your phone, switch playing device to PS4, start Playlist via your phone.

Your Playlist should now be playing on your ps4

Suggested posts