Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PS4: Songs repeating themselves and other issues

Solved!

PS4: Songs repeating themselves and other issues

After the PS4 update 4.0.1 i did a "Rebuid Database" in safe mode because my updates  are not downloading automatically while in rest mode. So I don't know if the isse has been caused by PS4 SSW 4.0.1 or else.

Anyway, the problem(s) I have is that when I listen to a playlist I always select "Shuffle" and "Repeat all". Which were always working fine. Now it is simply a mess. Songs keep repeating themselves. If I try to fast forward them, other than to take forever, sometime Spotify jumps forward and back to various song, playing one at random (and often even the same one I tried to skip).

I tried to skip/fast forward them from my Android phone and/or the OS X app. Same thing. Oh, sometime it just reaches half of the song and it restarts the same song form the beginning.

Please note that I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify in the PS4 already. To restart the PS4. Everything that came to my mind. No changes. And I have a Premium, if that matters.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Obviously there has been one thing that I didn't try: to logout and login again with the PS4. Which asked to reconnect the Spotify and PSN accounts.

It seems working better now.  Still it's a pain to fast back/forward inside a song (using the right/left buttons on D-PAD or R2/L2). And doing that it jumps songs like before. But leaving it untouched it goes correctly to the next song. Still it is something the devs should look into. Especially the fast back/forward.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Obviously there has been one thing that I didn't try: to logout and login again with the PS4. Which asked to reconnect the Spotify and PSN accounts.

It seems working better now.  Still it's a pain to fast back/forward inside a song (using the right/left buttons on D-PAD or R2/L2). And doing that it jumps songs like before. But leaving it untouched it goes correctly to the next song. Still it is something the devs should look into. Especially the fast back/forward.

Suggested posts