Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[PS4] - Very Poor Quality

Solved!

[PS4] - Very Poor Quality

Good Afternoon,

I've been a Spotify premium user for about 2 years now and I LOVE the service. I use it all the time on all sorts of devices. I recently discovered that you guys made an app for the PS4 and wanted to try it out and provide some feedback to help improve it.

I'm able to use my iPhone 5s to control the music flow which is pretty cool but I've noticed that the audio quality is VERY poor. I verified the settings on my iphone and both the "Steam Quality" and "Sync Quality" are set to Extreme. 

A Community Manager mentioned the following "The app should default to streaming at 320 if you're a Premium user. If you're using the Connect feature the streaming quality will be the same as your phone. " (Source: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partners-Windows/ps4-bitrate/td-p/1075074)

This does not seem to be the case currently or that the PS4 is killing the audio quality. If you guys could improve the audio quality to something closer to what your mobile platform or pc platform offers that would be amazing! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Re-install worked.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there,

Does it help when you remove the app, then reinstall it from the Playstation Store?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Jordi, 

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try that as soon as I get home tonight and report back. I also remembered it might have been due to a bandwith issue since other people were downloading things in the house as well.

Either way I'll retest and report back.

Marked as solution

Re-install worked.

not for me

Suggested posts