Country

United States

Device

Playstation 5

Operating System

21.01-03.10.00.03-00.00.00.0.1

Spotify version: 3.72

Issue:

Ever since Spotify’s new update on PS5, the audio for any song I play through the PS5 Spotify app or even through the PS5 quick menu seems to stutter/lag/freeze at a random time during the song that is currently playing and happens every so often. The stutter seems to randomly stall the song for a couple of seconds with no audio. It’s gotten so annoying and I’ve tried rebuilding the database on my PS5, troubleshooting my internet connection, deleting the Spotify app and reinstalling, and the issue still persists. Please fix this. 

35 Replies

Having this issue as well, super annoying

Hey folks,

Thanks for your posts.

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.

Could you try recording a video when the issue appears and upload it here with your replies? This will help us investigate this.

You can add the video as an attachment MP4 or as a link to an external service.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I can confirm this happens on my Spotify as well. Clean install and linked to my premium Spotify account UK. I'm UK based as well.

Playing an album on Spotify and it stutters, and stops randomly. 

I also got a message at one point saying poor or weak connection. Which I can confirm is not the case as I have the router close by and a fiber connection.

I can confirm this happens on my PS5 Spotify as well. Clean install and linked to my premium Spotify account UK. I'm UK based as well.

Playing an album on Spotify and it stutters, and stops randomly. 

I also got a message at one point saying poor or weak connection. Which I can confirm is not the case as I have the router close by and a fiber connection.

20210719_203305.jpg

Hey @Crazydelta81

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind trying with a different internet connection to check if the issue persists?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Sorry, I only have 1 internet connection at home.

Hey there @Crazydelta81

Thanks for your reply. 

In this case, we suggest that you try restarting your router by unplugging it from power for a couple of minutes to see if that makes the difference. 

If the issue persists after that, we'd recommend creating a hotspot on your phone and using that - if that's possible. This would help us to check if the issue is network-related.

Keep us in the loop 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

same here and it has only gotten worse

Hi @President_Kancho!

You can try clearing the cache of your PS5, but keep in mind that you'll lose your settings, so you'll have to readjust them. To clear the cache:

1. Power off your PS5, then unplug the power cord from both the console and the power outlet and wait around 30 sec.
  2. Plug the cord back in and power on your PS5.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

• Here's a video of the issue, i couldn't get longer because of the 5 mb limit. The music stutters but the indicator of progression of the music keeps going, and, eventually (it sometimes takes 2 full minutes) the stutters get closer and closer until the song comes back.

I really hope you'll fix this issue because it happens very often. I tried different connexions, cleared my cache, rebuilt database and it doesn't work.

Hi @Kira20,

Thanks for the reply.

Something else you could try out is to change the default MTU value in your PS5's network settings to 1450 or 1473 to see if that would do the trick as it may help here.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I tried everything you said but it didn't work, it still keeps stuttering like that and it's honestly super distracting. Any other solution ?

Same here... any solution yet? Nothing that was mentioned before worked and slowly but surely it drives me crazy. 

Any news ?

Hi folks,

Thanks for your patience on this one. 

We tried reproducing this on our end, however the stuttering did not appear and we were unable to find other recent reports on this. So, we've reached out to the right folks at Spotify about this, flagging this issue with them.

We'll let you know here as soon as we have more info on what might be causing it.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Just got ps5 and this is happening continuously. If skip track may play ok for a few songs but not stable. Never had any issues with PS4 pro. 

Same problem here, have it for about 1 month, but now it's worse, every 2 songs it happened, no problem on pc and Iphone btw, only ps5

Hey folks, 

Thanks for all the info you've sent so far. 

If you're still experiencing this, could you provide us with the following info? We'll investigate this further.

• how often does it stutter? Is it every song, every other song, intermittently?
  • Spotify version
  • PS4/5 version
  • do you see the same issue anywhere else i.e. mobile app, desktop app?

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

EniModerator

It happens approximately every one or two songs, nearly everytime at the
3/4 of the song (it starts stuttering and the stutters get closer until the
sound eventually comes back). It happens only on PS5 Spotify, and I've
tried controlling the songs from my phone and it still does the same thing.
I really hope you solve this problem cause it's really disturbing and i
nearly don't use Spotify on my PS5 anymore.

Suggested posts