Premium

Country

Canada

Device

PS5

Operating System

PS5

My Question or Issue

When playing music on the Spotify app for PS5, the song title remains frozen on the screen after 3-4 tracks.  The music continues to play as normal, but the song showing in the screen is incorrect (frozen).

14 Replies

Same issue here but there's more after this for me. The client's audio silently crashes after a while. Then, you can't even play music until you quit and reopen the app. My last two attempts to quit and reopen have been met with fatal errors, though. I give up. I'm deeming this app unusable at this point.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We just came across this thread.

We'd like to take a closer look into this so that you can enjoy Spotify as you should.

To start with, can you redownload the app to see if it makes any difference?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Same problem here, reinstalling the app won't solve this.
Song view always gets stuck

Hey @eyalben,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

In this case, we suggest you log out and log in twice onto your Spotify account; this way the system will refresh.

If this doesn't do the trick, you can restart your TV, PS5, and router by unplugging them from power for a few seconds. Once you do that, try playing the music again and let us know how it goes.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I’ve been having this problem for months now, obviously I’ve already reinstalled the app, updated it, logged out and in, rebooted it. The problem always comes back

Hey @eyalben,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

In this case, do you notice any difference if you switch the internet connection you're using? You can create a hotspot from your phone. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Just to confirm, if you log in with another account, did you experience the same inconvenience? You can create a free test account to check.

We'll keep an eye on your response! 

AlejaRModerator

This problem still hasn’t been fixed on my end either. I’ve done everything mentioned above, and have used different methods to connect to the internet to no avail. I’ve logged in with my wife’s account and had the same problem.

Hi there @SoundofSteel,

Thanks for the reply.

This issue is most likely related to network speeds. You can try going into your network settings on the PS5, select Custom and then change their MTU value to 1450 or 1473

Note: Make sure to note down the default MTU value as well, so you can revert in case of any connection issues.

Let us know if that helps.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It is highly unlikely to be a network settings related issue - 

Given the fact that the music keep playing properly in the background, the songs keeps changing to the next one, and the fact that I can control it from the app in the phone. 

It is more likely to be a bug in the App UI code

Hey @eyalben,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We appreciate the time you're taking following the troubleshooting and keeping us in the loop. Just to be on the same page, would you mind confirming if you followed the steps previously mentioned by @Alex and how it went?

If it was a general issue with the app, instead of it having a different root cause, we're sure there would be more reports about this, but we've checked with our different CS teams and there don't seem to be any contacts on this in the last three months. So it is quite possible that there might be individual hardware defects or networking issues. We're trying to rule out all possibilities and would appreciate if you try the recommendations out.

Another thing you could even try is have someone else, like a friend or family member, log in with their account on your PS5 to see if the issue persists on their accounts. This for example will help us understand if it could be account-related or not.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having exactly the same problem. I have restarted the router, PS5, reinstalled etc. have an incredibly fast internet speed... this problem is extremely annoying and it seems to be a problem on Spotify's end, not on the users end.  Perhaps it isn't widely reported because not everyone uses their playstation as their platform.  However, when I am paying for a premium service, it should work properly regardless of platform.  Perhaps Spotify should examine it on their end and do any trouble shooting.

Hey @1iry,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

We understand what you kindly mentioned and we really appreciate your comments on the matter. As explained above by @OscarDC, it's quite possible that there might be individual hardware inconveniences or networking issues. Nevertheless, there are other alternatives you can try to check if you notice any difference in the described behavior.

That being said, is this happening if you change the internet connection you're using? Is this happening over WiFi? Ethernet? Both? If possible, you can create a hotspot from your phone and connect your PS5 to it, to see if you notice any difference. Give it a try and let us know if changing the connection makes any difference.

On another note, is this happening on a different account? It'd be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the account of a relative or a friend to open their account in your PS5 and check.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

It’s a software problem for sure (I’m a software developer) and their suggestions changing network connection or MTU won’t solve the problem (they’re irrelevant for this kind of an issue). 

They did released an update a few weeks ago that might’ve resolved this issue, you should make sure yours is updated.

For me I just stopped using their app in the PS5 since it’s buggy.

I also recommend you contact their official Chat support and be very persuasive escalating this issue, I was able to reach an escalating team back in August providing them videos of the issue, and I do recommend you do the same (as you can see here, their community support is focusing really hard to avoid escalating this issue by themself)

… but have you tried making an offering to Odin? Perhaps try worshiping another deity. Have you microwaved your router? Maybe you can soak it it baked beans…

Seriously Spotify, it’s been like two years now, figure it out.

Suggested posts