Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Partner with a Licensed Therapist to Save Lives Through Music

Partner with a Licensed Therapist to Save Lives Through Music

Headshot.jpgHello, My name is Tashayla Williams and I am a Licensed Professional Counselor and the founder of Life Embodied Therapy. I am in the process of completing my dissertation ' Content Analysis of Rap Lyrics to Understand The Lived Experiences of Drug Offenders'. This is groundbreaking research that will assist practitioners with understanding and building rapport with returning citizens who have drug offenses through rap music.

There are several populations and a myriad of mental health disorders that can be addressed and understood through all genres of music. A partnership with Life Embodied Therapy would mean that the practitioner ( Counselor, Therapist, Caseworker, Social Worker etc) who has a client who refuses to talk in therapy can search 'Trust' and play a playlist on Spotify that will evoke the client to feel connected and understood through the music. A partnership with Life Embodied Therapy would mean that the client who enters treatment after attempting to commit suicide can have a discussion with the therapist prompted by a playlist on spotify called "Depression Prevention". We have these lists and they are our experiences with clients. Our programs have evoked clients to create music that will soon reach the ears of millions. We have some ideas on how Spotify can connect these experiences on their platform. Our research will raise awareness, your partnership you assist us with implementing that research...and saving lives through music!

0 Replies

Suggested posts