Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pink floyd not on sonos spotify

Pink floyd not on sonos spotify

Recently spotify managed to get all the pink floyd back catalogue available. I can see all tracks on my spotify app but not on my sonos spotify app. <br><br>How long does it take to update? I didn't realise that via sonos we didn't get the full spotify catalogue....
8 Replies

It could be that the Pink Floyd record label has not allowed the tracks to be listened too on third part devices. Actually, thats the only reason really.

Liam

Doh!! That's a real shame. 😞 Was looking forward to cranking the volume up on some real atmospheric tracks, Thanks for your response. Hope that policy changes sometime.

@Uke2 - You should know that LiamW is only speculating. This is not an official answer. To be certain of the cause of this, or if it's just a temporary problem, you need an answer from someone who works for Spotify.

Ah ok. As a newbie I assumed LiamW was correct.

Anyone from spotify around to answer?

It could just be a delay in the catalogue being updated for 3rd party devices, I didn't even know Spotify could specify tracks to be available on only certain devices! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter wrote:

It could just be a delay in the catalogue being updated for 3rd party devices, I didn't even know Spotify could specify tracks to be available on only certain devices! 

Peter

I was always sure that they could 😕

Ok I've made a break through of sorts.

On my iPhone sonos app, enter spotify then search by album name ie Delicate sound of thunder and the album appears.

So the tracks are available it is the search function by artist that only returns Wish You Were Here as a track.

That'll do me for now as long as I can hear atom heart mother on my play s5 I'm happy.

For some reason it seems like Spotify's library is really slow to update for Sonos.  It took a while for Pink Floyd stuff to finally show up, but yeah if you search for the album specifically it is there - just not on the artist page.

I believe this is an issue with the Sonos plugin/integration.

Suggested posts