Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play Count Removed From Web Player?

Play Count Removed From Web Player?

Hey Spotify Web Player,

One of the things I loved about Spotify's Web Player was seeing just how many streams each song gets.  It's nice to see that 1.5 Billion mark on Drake's One Dance.  It seems as though you got rid of that feature.  

I think you should add it back, and make it more robust too.  Make it so that every single song can show the play count, either by hovering over the song and it displays the stats, from a click of a button, or just have it always listed underneath each song title.  Make it so that no matter how you're looking at a song (album, single, playlist, the player at the bottom, etc.) you should be able to see the play count.

Now, I understand keeping those numbers updated in real-time may prove difficult and cumbersome, but weekly batch updates, similar to the way weekly charts kept by Billboard, shouldn't be that hard, especially when you already used to do it!

Anyway, that's just my two cents.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks,

8 Replies

Hey @kama_qazi

Thanks for posting your feedback.

Unfortunately, the new web player does not display play counts.

To see the play counts, I suggest to use the full desktop app.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My desktop doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the desktop app.

Are the play counts also shown on the free version of the Android app?

the android free app does show the play count 🙂

@user-removed wrote:

the android free app does show the play count 🙂

How?? I can't see it.. apart from the top 5 popular songs.

Yes. That's intended. It's what OP is talking about, the play count that shows on the top played songs of that artist. 

So does using the web player on PC still count towards the streaming number? 

It doesn't show the stream play count on Chromebook and some other devices that aren't fully compitable with the desktop version of Spotify. I also really liked that feature because it can tell you in real-time how popular a song is by how many plays it has. Spotify should seriously bring back that feature on all platforms and it should have the stream play count on all songs, not just the top 5 like it does on Apple devices.

I totally agree.

Suggested posts