Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play button greyed

Solved!

Play button greyed

Hi,

From a few days the play button is greyed out in web player, so I cannot play any song. I have tried to clear web browser cache, logout and log in again, but that didn't solve the problem. I haven't used spotify on any other device and I'm not logged in to my account on any other computer. I really have no idea what might be the reason play button is disabled. Did anyone have similar problem? Any ideas?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @m_milosz

I suggest you try this:

Click on an album's play button continuously (like a madman), then refresh the page (F5) whilst continuing clicking until the page fully reloads. You may have to do it twice.

I am not exactly sure why this works, but it has been helpful :')

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I also checked DRM content settings and web browser version (firefox 57). Everyting seems to be ok.

Did anyone have similar problem?

Marked as solution

Hey @m_milosz

I suggest you try this:

Click on an album's play button continuously (like a madman), then refresh the page (F5) whilst continuing clicking until the page fully reloads. You may have to do it twice.

I am not exactly sure why this works, but it has been helpful :')

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star

Hello guys! I got same problem where I cannot listen to songs on my web player. I used to listen songs on Google Chrome and since yesterday night I couldn't play any song i wished In fast, all the buttons down below weren't working, like they are disabled to work properly. I really don't know what I should do about this, but I really need help. Any help from anyone is appreciated. Thank you! 🙂Screenshot (25).pngScreenshot (26).png

Timothy

Hi @Sebasty,

Thank you!!! Hahaha that really solved the problem 🙂 I guess this is some bug in Spotify Web Player. Anyway I can play music now 🙂

@m_milosz Awesome! 🙂 Rock on!

@timplaysyoutube

Please try the Solution (my previous post) and let me know if it helped or not 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

For Joe Rogan Podcast make sure "Explicit content" is enabled

Settings -> Explicit content -> Enabled

This caused the play button to be greyed out on the web player as well as the desktop app.

I never tried that before but it worked great thank you very much I've had to happen before but I forget how I fixed it it was a pain that was easy thank you!

Suggested posts