Play specific song on Google Home not working

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Google Nest Hub, Google Nest Mini, Google Pixel 3a

My Question or Issue

If I say: 'Ok Google, Play some music' it works fine and goes with 'playing music from Spotify' and plays whatever I was playing last, but,

If I say: 'Ok Google, Play lose yourself by eminem' it just says 'ok playing from Spotify', then immediately 'Sorry, something went wrong'.

How do I fix this? I recently got Spotify Premium. This is happening on my Nest Hub and Nest Mini. (Playing music manually on the Spotify app on my Android phone and casting it works but that's not what I want to do.) I did not have this problem with YouTube Music.

I've tried:
- Re-linking Spotify in the Google Home App
- Rebooting all WiFi / Google Homes
- Placing devices 3 feet from my WiFi access point
- Tried linking my roommates Spotify account (member of my premium family) through my phone on the Google Home app and it works fine on the same Google Home so it's something wrong with my account.
1 Reply

Hey @Banana969,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here and for the troubleshooting you've done so far.

It's possible that such connectivity issues may be caused by corrupted app files. This can be easily remedied by performing a clean reinstall using the steps here. Don't forget to restart your device, it's a step that's often skipped, but very important. You should also perform a clean reinstall of the Google Home App and relink it with your Spotify account once more.

If that doesn't do the trick it's a good idea to create a free account and see if everything functions properly there. You can create one here. If that's the case you can transfer your whole music collection and all your followers there by using the steps in this guide.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on your progress.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts