Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback of protected content is not enabled

Playback of protected content is not enabled

Why is it showing “Playback of protected content is not enabled” on my ps5 everytime I try to listen to a playlist made by my other account?

Device

PS5 

1 Reply

Hello, welcome to our community! I'll try to explain briefly what might be going on:

"Content playback is not enabled" is a message that appears when the device is not authorized to play copyrighted content. This can happen when you are trying to access a playlist made by another Spotify account.

Some possible reasons include:

• Your Spotify account is not linked to the PS5 device, so you need to log in with the correct account.
  • The account you are using does not have access to the songs in the playlist you are trying to access, due to licensing limitations or regional restrictions.
  • There may be issues with the internet connection, which prevents the device from authorizing the playback of copyrighted content.

I recommend checking that you are using the correct Spotify account and that this account has access to the songs in the playlist. I also recommend checking your internet connection and ensuring it is stable and strong. If the problem persists, I recommend contacting Spotify support for additional help.

Suggested posts