Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Player stops on TIVO Roamio after each track, sometimes two.

Player stops on TIVO Roamio after each track, sometimes two.

I use Spotify most often on my TIVO Roamio. My playlists stop after one or two tracks. I bet I've manually queued the next song 30 times today. The support files suggest I log out and log back in. I've done that numerous times. I've also logged out from all devices, logged in and still have the same problem. I've also powered my TIVO down and rebooted it.

This is very frustrating. Any help will be appreciated. 

39 Replies

spotify doesn't work on Roamio... plays one song and stops. This has been a problem with TIVO for more than a year now per the forums I have read. When is it going to be fixed?

9:24:07 AM
Shad
Thanks. If you press the forward button on the remote, it should move to the next track.
9:24:28 AM
This is something we are aware of, unfortunately at this time we do not currently have an ETA for a fix.
9:24:50 AM
Me
don't make me look stupid...
9:24:57 AM
I don't want to have to push play every time a new song comes to play
9:25:30 AM
very unhappy with that answer.
9:26:19 AM
It is not a very functional application on TIVO
9:27:09 AM
Shad
I apologize, my intent was not to make you look stupid, I was simply trying to inform you of how to get to the next track and that we are aware of this issue.

Yes, that IS a useless answer. We all know to push the forward button to
get to the next track. When you are working with a playlist it should
automatically go to the next track. The Spotify app on my Roku works just
fine in that respect. Also the Android Spotify app works. Its only on the
Roamio Spotify app that is brain-dead. I've stopped using the Roamio
Spotify app.

The thread over on TiVo is not very helpful. There's a monthly response "please send your device info" and nothing more. People have posted information from TiVo that's conflicting: sometimes they admit the problem, sometimes they don't.

The best advice I saw was to complain to the FTC about false advertising. Clearly neither TiVo nor Spotify are taking this seriously, so we are left with very few options. You can start your complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-6

Thanks for the link. I have filed a complaint with the FTC stating that Spotify was informed and has been aware of this issue for over 12 months. Although Spotify had stated that a fix was in the works, none has appeared for over a year, and the issue persists.

MB

It's now nearly July 2016 and this issue STILL persists. I've just started playing music from my phone instead of my tivo when I'm doing crafts in the living room. =/ The sound quality is awful using my phone's speakers vs my full TV sound setup, but at least I don't have to stop what I'm doing every 3-5 minutes to press play over and over.

Still broken as of 8/23

Just got a response from TiVo on this (third time I've submitted a case) --

"We do not have any troubleshooting for issues occurring within the Spotify application nor do we have any open bug reports regarding Spotify. We wouldn't have any troubleshooting to recommend for you. Sorry."

never mind

After several attempts and prodding I finally was informed by TiVo that, (TiVo)"It looks like at this point we have done everything we can to try and fix that issue in at this point. It does look to be a spotify issue". 

I then took the same approach with Spotify with the hopes that the TiVo team could share their research with them to identify and resolve the issue so we could actually use the Spotify app on TiVo.

After going into a deep description of the issue, my equipment, my software, pictures, and contact info for the TiVo techs this was my response (after waiting for over a year and a half with a non-working TiVo solution). --

(Spotify)"We’re afraid we don’t have an exact timeframe, but our technical team is aware of the issue and working hard to find a fix.

Whilst they're doing their thing, feel free to access our web player from the comfort of your own web browser to stay connected to those awesome Spotify tunes. 

On the other hand, have you already upgraded the software version of your TiVo? For technical reasons, our app will no longer work on the upgraded TiVo platform after July 4, 2016.

Apologies for any inconvenience this might cause. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to get back in touch."

This is obviously not a resolution, there is no bug or case to follow up on this, and then I'm told it won't work after July 4, 2016 on an older platform? Uhh.. it's August and I'm reporting an issue that shows that the app is working on my platform. I feel as though my issue was not even read. 

Ours stops on the Bolt, too.  One song...  I have to cancel premium since that is the ONLY reason I went with it (to play the music through our sound system).  Looks like the two could work together better.  Spotify works great on Amazon's Echo, phone, laptop, etc.... but NOT the Tivo through the sound system.  The problem is definitely with the Tivo, but unfortunately, I can't pay for something I can't use so Spotify has to go! 😞  I would go with Apple Music if it would play through Tivo.

sdgasdgDGEGegdsbgvasfb

My problem was a little different, I couldn't figure out in the UI how to play a playlist.  There's no way to select it and "play" - you can only play an individual track.  I think I figured it out tho - when the song starts playing a screen comes up with the album cover and play/pause controls in the lower right corner.  Clicking "pause" then "play" on those controls seems to start the playlist.  

My app has now stopped working completely.  Nothing plays.  When I select a song, the progress bar seems to not progress.  I can switch songs but nothing plays either.  When I exit the app, it crashes the TIVO.  Are any of you having this problem?  Do any of you use interwebs and the Radioauricle program?  That app is no longer outputting any sound either.  Pandora and Youtube, I heart radio work, but some do not.  Did Tivo change something with their recent update?

As I've said before we need to stop using the Tivo apps. Tivo is a DVR.
Nothing more. To expect it to do other things is courting disaster. The
Spotify app on my Roku and on my phone/tablet all work fine. That's what
I sue now. Pandora still seems to work pretty well though.

Tivo broke many of the apps that I was using to play music through my primary sound system and speakers.  I guess I will have to just connect my phone or tablet to my receiver using a phono cable.  Just annyoing to not be able to do it with one device

I have the exact same experience.  The spotify app on my Tivo Roamio used to work but would only play one song at a time.  Now, it doesn't even work and will just fail and return to the Tivo menu.  It has also crashed the Tivo and caused it to restart.  Ugh.  No useful into from either Spotify or Tivo.

I got a premium account specifically to play Spotify on my TIVO Roamio, but it doesn't work at all, so I'm cancelling my Spotify account until the problem is resolved.  Pandora works fine.

This has been a problem for years. I think it's safe to say they're never going to fix it.

I think that this is a good answer. Their app doesn't work right on the
Tivo platform and the Roku platform is having problems also. I think we
should cancel our premium accounts. My Pandora works on Tivo and Roku
also. I just don't understand why Spotify doesn't want to support their
apps on all of the platforms.

I cancelled Spotify MONTHS ago. Now using Pandora.

Suggested posts