Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing music on computer and connecting on TV

Solved!

Playing music on computer and connecting on TV

When I play music on my computer (that is connected to my stereo) the app on the TV doesn't recognize it. I'd expect it to show what I'm listening to, cover art, etc. Is this supposed to work? I like how I can see what's playing on my phone but it would be better on the TV.

(If I start playing music on the TV the other devices see it, so I think everything is networked properly, but I don't want the music to come from my crappy TV speakers.)

LG OLED TV, premium, USA

The computer is a super old Mac if that matters.

Maybe this is an Idea but I couldn't figure out how to post new ones, so I'm here.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @cosmeg,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Just to make sure that we're on the same page - you're logged in on both your Mac (connected to your stereo and used for playback) and the TV, right? Currently the app doesn't show the artwork on a device that isn't used for playback, however we're always open to new ideas 🙂 The best way to get yours noticed and considered is if you create an idea for it in the Community by going here - that way, other users will also be able to vote for it.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @cosmeg,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Just to make sure that we're on the same page - you're logged in on both your Mac (connected to your stereo and used for playback) and the TV, right? Currently the app doesn't show the artwork on a device that isn't used for playback, however we're always open to new ideas 🙂 The best way to get yours noticed and considered is if you create an idea for it in the Community by going here - that way, other users will also be able to vote for it.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes, I'm logged in on both. I posted an Idea, thanks!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/TV-App-Connect-Show-album-artwork-on-TV-app-when-c...

(Waiting 5 minutes to post this reply is awesome! Double awesome that the recapcha expires before said 5 minutes.)

Suggested posts