Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing on Alexa/arch device keeps stopping and starting

Playing on Alexa/arch device keeps stopping and starting

This happened last year and was resolved (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Music-cuts-out-briefly-on-Echo-devices/idi-p/5350753). Same bug seems to be occurring now.

Music will play, but will stop every minute or so for a second or two then resume. Very annoying.
3 Replies

Hey @xukier,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community. 

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Would you mind letting us know what troubleshooting you've tried so far?

We'll also need to know your Spotify version and if the issue started after a recent update. 

In the meantime, we'd recommend that you restart your devices and your router to make sure that everything is synced up. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I’ve tried switching the device off, leaving it for a minute and switching it back on. I’ve also tried disabling and re-enabling the Spotify skill (it required me to authorise the link to my Spotify account). I’ve also rebooted my home router although my connection is fine for everything else and the Echo is only a few metres away so max Wi-Fi strength. 

Hey @xukier,

Thanks for getting back to us and providing the requested information.

We'd recommend that you can check if there is a new firmware update available for your device and let it run. Firmware updates on speakers and app updates from Spotify's end sometimes get out of tune which might cause issues like this.

It's also a good idea to check if there is a pending update for your Spotify app. We always advise that you keep it updated, so you don't miss any improvements coming your way.

On another note, after you restart your devices and link the accounts again, you should make sure that Spotify is set as default. More info on how to do that you can find here

In case the issue still persists, it'd be great if you could send us a quick video where we can take a better look at this behavior. You can either attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor or upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts